Chapter 33

Princess Ava's POV'

It is a peaceful day, just like yesterday when the sun was scorching and there were hardly any clouds in the sky.

I am walking down the hallway with five servants following me.

I woke up early this morning. And I managed to escape without anyone knowing that in the wee hours, I delivered baskets filled with vegetables, fruits, and bread to the villagers I am helping.

Those food items came from the royal kitchen. Since there is an excess supply in the palace kitchen, I thought of sharing them.

Regalo o handog din naman ang mga iyon ng mga kalahok sa Royal Competition. Nakapagtataka nga na magreregalo pa sila ng mga prutas, gulay at arina.

Are they trying to buy me with those gifts? Hayst

Malalim ang aking iniisip habang patungo ako sa weapon room. Katatapos ko lang kumain ng almusal kasama si Eleanor sa dinning hall.

It was delightful to be with her because I miss my sister. She told me a lot, it seems like I’m not the only busy one during this days.

She also practices almost every day. Eleanor told me that she had learned how to use a sword. It feels like just yesterday he was a young child.

Now, seems like he might defeat me when we practice.

Napangiti ako sa aking pagmumuni-muni.

Reggie is not here today because I told him to take a rest.

Alam kong malalim ang natamo niyang sugat nong ikalawang pagsubok, and ever since that day ay wala pa siyang pahinga, kaya kailangan niya muna ng panahon upang magpagaling.

As I walked down the hallway, I overheard the flirtatious conversations of the young servants.

From a distance, I saw Crown Prince Aillard of the Kingdom of Hesivaria surrounded by the young ladies, and he seemed delighted with the attention he was receiving.

I rolled my eyes.

'Should I wear my mask everywhere I go now? Even in our palace?'

I noticed that even without any challenge for the Royal Competition, the participants always seemed to be present here at the palace.

I simply walked past them without disturbing them. However, the participants seemed determined not to leave me alone.

Nang makita ako ng mga tagapaglingkod at  nagsi-ayos sila ng tayo tsaka nakayuko. Aillard walked alongside me as I continued walking.

“I know you’re wondering why I’m here,” he said.

I rolled my eyes. Honestly, I didn’t really care. I just didn’t want them causing trouble here in the palace.

“Why indeed, when there are no trials for the competition?”
I ask sarcastically.

Pakiramdam ko kumukulo ang dugo ko sa tuwing maririnig ko ang kaniyang may pagkamayabang na tinig.