Chapter 42

Third Person’s POV’

“I don’t know what to do anymore, he’s too stubborn to listen..” Prince Cliff punch the wall out of frustration.

Agad siyang nilapitan ng kaniyang kasintahan.

Inilagay ni Calynn ang kaniyang kaliwang kamay sa balikat ni Cliff, habang nakatalikod ang prinsipe. 

She’s also worried.

Calynn knows he is strong but right now, all she could see was her beloved slowly losing himself because of the problems they face with his brother.

They are in the Daesyn Kingdom, inside the palace. It was the only place where they could meet discreetly, without arousing suspicion.

But what they didn’t know was that not far from them stood… The Crown Princess of the Daesyn Kingdom.

She happened to pass by the hallway and saw the situation. She didn’t approach them immediately and just quietly watched the two of them.

“ Nasaktan siya, at yung sakit na iyon ang nagiging dahilan ng kanyang pagbibingi-bingihan. You need to calm down, lilipas din ang galit niya.”  Hinarap ni Cliff si Calynn.

Malapit nang tumulo ang nagbabadyang luha sa mga mata ng Prinsipe. Hinayaan niyang magsalita ang kaniyang kasintahan.

“Sooner or later matutunan niya ring makinig. But for now ipangako mo, n wag na wag mo siyang sukuan.”

Dahan dahan kinuha ni Cliff ang kamay ng kaniyang kasintahan at hinagkan ito. Kasabay ng pagtulo ng kaniyang luha.

“ Promise.” Then he approached Calynn and kissed her on the forehead.

Calynn closed her eyes.

“Thank you,” Cliff murmured after what he did, and then he pressed his forehead against Calynn’s.

Ava witnessed all of it. Napako siya sa kaniyang kinatatayuan. Hindi man niya makuhaan ang babaeng kaharap ni Cliff dahil ito ay nakatalikod sa kaniya.

Nakaramdam parin siya ng hindi niya maunawaan.

She didn’t know what her reaction would be. Surprise? Sadness? Anger? She felt nothing. And just stood there staring at them.

Nakaramdam si Cliff ng prisensya ng kung sino. Agad nitong tinignan ang direksyon ni Ava.

Hindi nagawang makapagtago pa ng Crown Princess. Tila napako na ito sa kaniyang kinauupuan.

Princess Calynn also turned to see what Cliff is looking at.

Calynn’s eyes widened when she saw Ava. They were now face-to-face.

Ava’s surprise was evident in her expression when she recognized who was with Prince Cliff.

The Crown Princess slowly shifted her gaze between the two.

Then, without a word, she turned around and quickly walked away.

Bumuntong hininga si Calynn. Habang walang kaedi-ediya si Cliff sa kaniyang tabi.

“This is all my fault..”

Napalingon si Cliff s akaniyang kasintahan.

“ I should have told her sooner… Hindi ko alam na mas mauuna pa niyang malaman bago ko  pa masabi sa kaniya.”

“What do you mean by that?” Takang tanong ni Prince Cliff.

“ I think she….likes you..” May pagdiin ang dalawang huling salita na binitawan ni Calynn.

Calynn lowered her gaze. She felt guilty. Cliff fell silent at what he heard.

“Wait here, I need to talk to her. To clear some things out.”

Tanging tango lamang ang naisagot ni Prince Cliff, bago tuluyang naglakad paalis si Calynn para sundan si Ava.

Naiwang di parin makapaniwala si Prince Cliff.

Princess Ava’s POV’

Hindi ko alam kung bakit ganun ang naging reaksyon ko. Bakit ako biglang umalis? Eh ano naman kung May kung ano sa kanilang dalawa.

I stepped out onto the balcony. Wiping away the damn tears that flowed freely from my eyes.

Why do I feel like this? I can’t understand it. ‘Your highness,’ my heart seemed to leap at the familiar voice that emerged from the balcony.

I turned to look at her, studying her intently. I felt numb.

Bumuntong hininga ito nang makita ang aking pagkaseryoso.

“I-I think, I need to explain..” hinayaan ko lang siyang magpatuloy.

“What you saw earlier..”
“tama ang iniisip mo, we’re together…matagal na. We were already together before we were invited to your birthday.” she walked towards the balcony’s edge.

We both gazed at the towering mountains and lush trees. The wind blew our hair. She slowly explained everything to me.

“My father, the king, didn’t want our relationship. So, we chose to keep it a secret from everyone. We often meet at the hill near the border of our kingdoms.

“Hanggang sa halos madalas, at minsan Hindi na talaga kami nakakapagkita at nakakapag-usap.”

“You know the history of our both kingdoms. Our people are rivals. Because of a stupid theory about our kingdoms.”

“Once a united kingdom, until, according to them, the founders of the Ravaryn kingdom betrayed our kingdom .”

“The present is affected by the mistakes of our ancestors in the past…”

Nanatili akong tahimik.  “And because of that…”

Bumuntong hininga ulit siya.

“ My father forbid me to see him..”

“I love my father, that’s why I followed him blindly. But I also sneak behind his back..” she chuckled. But I feel her sadness.

Hindi ko nanaman mapigilang ikumpara ang aking kalagayan. I also love my father, but in my case I just want to disobey him. 

Because I know I could also do things on my own, in helping our kingdom.

“Sa totoo lang hindi ko alam kung kakayanin pa naming itago ang  relasyon namin” napayuko siya, kitang kita ko na ngayon ang lungkot sa kaniyang mga mata.

Wala sa sariling gumalaw ang aking kamay upang malumanay na tapikin ang kaniyang likod.

Tila naguilty ako dahil nakaramdam ako ng lungkot at pagtatampo kanina. Ngayon ay tanging awa ang aking nararamdaman.

“Alam mo, kung talagang….m-mahal n’yo ang isa’t isa….” I pause.

“Ipaglalaban n’yo ang isa’t isa, na hindi magiging hadlang ang inyong mga kaharian..”

“ Buti sana kung ganun lang kadali. It’s not that easy because we’re both the heir to the throne..” malungkot niyang tugon.

“That we should be the role models. That’s also what I fear… disappointing my father, the king,” her expression grew sadder.

“D-don’t stress yourself too much. Just think of this as a test…” I replied to her, trying to lighten her feelings.

“And I know you’ll overcome this, fighting together. J-just strengthen your resolve.” Those were the only words I could utter before I left the balcony.

I knew she wanted to be alone.

He is her strength. And if she opens up about these matters to Cliff, the Prince might become his pillar of support.

This is the difficulty when we keep our troubles to ourselves.

It can be discouraging.

*****