Chapter 40

*Warning: Violence ahead

Princess Ava’s POV

Hindi ko na namalayan ang bilis ng pangyayari. The ten remaining participants are now racing to cross the bridge.

The bridge is long and its tied on each end of the two Cliff. Even if I were to cross that bridge, I would still feel fear, even though the clouds conceal what’s beneath the bridge.

Dahil alam mong tiyak na kamatay ang naghihintay sayo kapag nahulog ka.

Napatayo ako nang May tumulak na kalahok sa isa pang kalahok. Nahulog ito sa May ulap.

The participants stopped and looked where their companion fell. Everyone was surprised to see someone emerge from the cloud.

The participant was riding a Pegasus, which saved him from his death.

A smile made its way to my lips. Kinabahan ako roon ah.

Third Person’s POV’

Dahil sa nangyaring aksidente ay nakakuha na ng ideya ang ibang mga kalahok. The race became more interesting as they headed towards the end of the bridge.

Earlier, they were only racing to cross. Now, they are avoiding being pushed by other participants as they run towards the end.

Nine

Eight

Seven

Until only six were left racing towards the end. All those who fell were caught by flying Pegasus.

Nakatawid na sila Zane at Aillard, Zane came first.

Only four remain in running on the bridge. Chase is in front, followed by his twin brother, Cliff. They are trailed by one participant and King Emerson.

King Emerson couldn’t wait any longer, so he pushed the participant beside him.

A Pegasus swiftly caught that participant. Emerson hastened and caught up to Cliff. He immediately pushed him too.

Muling napatayo si Ava sa kaniyang kinauupuan habang tanaw ang pangyayari.
It’s a good thing Prince Cliff is still holding on.

Emerson stopped in his tracks to go back for Cliff. He smiled as he stepped on one of Cliff’s hands gripping the side of the bridge.

Cliff was still hanging on but it was clear he was struggling,  because of only his one hand grasping the bridge. The Prince’s hand was about to be stepped on by the King when Chase rush in and push king Emerson.

“Brother..” nag-aalala nitong sambit at tinulungang umakyat ang kaniyang kambal.

Sa kabilang dako muntik nang mahulog sa tulay ang haring si Emerson dahil sa lakas ng tulak ni Chase.

He got up and charged towards Chase. He kicked Chase, and the siblings almost fell. Emerson’s temper flared as he couldn’t defeat the siblings.

“Just hold on,” Chase said, clearly struggling, while holding his twin’s hand. Sweat was dripping down his forehead. Cliff smiled.

“Remember the plan,” he said before letting go of his twin’s hand.

A pegasus flew to save him. Nanlaki naman ang mga mata ni Chase sa ginawa ng kaniyang kambal. Di rin nagtagal ay nag-init ang kaniyang pakiramdam.

Tumayo siya at hinarap ang Haring si Emerson.

They glared at each other, and when Chase saw the smirk on the king’s lips, he immediately lunged with a punch. My king managed to dodge, but he didn’t see Chase’s kick. The Prince hit him in the stomach.