Chapter 32

Princess Ava's POV'

I lightly bumped my forehead against the open book I was reading. This is not going to work, every time I read, I can’t focus my attention on what I’m reading. That’s why I don’t understand anything. I thought going out here in the Palace garden would help, and here at the table, I chose to sit and read. The air is fresh and it’s shady under the big tree where the table is placed.

This still did not help me focus on reading. I have more important things to do aside from this, so I wonder why I followed what the leader of the royal Adviser said.

Earlier, when I encountered her, she handed me three thick books and said that I needed to read them all to prepare me and to enrich my vocabulary.

Books about leadership and how to run a kingdom.

I just know she’s just punishing me because I suddenly left in the middle of the second trial, and just using that as reason fir me to obey.

I Sigh.

What’s the use of reading when I can simply practice? I repeatedly banged my forehead on the book.  I. Don’t. Understand. It’s so  frustrating.

Sa kalagitnaan ng pag-untog ko ng aking noo ay May palad na pumagitna sa aking noo at sa libro. So it was on that palm that my forehead collided. I paused, my forehead is rested on someone’s palm. And I might know whose hand this is.

Dahan-dahan kong iniangat ang aking tingin.

“Reggie, please don’t bother me… I already don’t understand this.”

I stopped abruptly as I recognized the person sitting in front of me.

'Prince C-Cliff?!'

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but it looks like you’re troubled, kaya lumapit ako” He looked at the books scattered on the table in front of us.

“do you mind?” tanong niya. I shook my head, he smile and took the book Infront of me.

“I think I can help; I’ve already read some of these,” he said as he flipped through one of the books.

He read these kinds of books?

Well, he is the Crown Prince of the Ravaryn Kingdom, after all.

“No need to”

But the Prince was insistent, so I let him explain the other topics covered in the book.

While he was explaining, I couldn’t help but stare into his eyes.

His eyes were a deep black, reminiscent of the color of night. His long eyelashes and the neatly tied shoulder-length hair added to his charm.

He looks elegant in his blue Royal Clothing.

Until now, I still haven’t asked him if he was the one who saved me that night. I don’t have the courage to ask him because I’m still unsure about it.