Chapter 60

Warning: violence ahead

****

Princess Ava’s POV’

Agad ding nagsimula ang huling pagsubok. The royal family has arrived and taken their seats, along with the Council and Royal Advisers. Reggie sat down beside the royal advisers. That’s an advantage for me. Being far from Reggie so that I can move freely. Kung kailangan ko nang gamitin ang aking bow at arrow.

Nakuha ng attention ko ag nagsalitang announcer sa gitna ng arena. He spoke boring stuff about the fight, and I don’t even bother to understand what he’s saying because I am excited for this to end. I am excited to use my arrow to interfere and ruin this last challenge.

And I’m also excited on what Aillard is planing.
Di  rin nagtagal ay pinalapit ang natitirang apat na kalahok sa gitna ng arena. They were task to choose their weapon for the one on one battle.

Zane was the first to choose, He choose an arnis stick. Emerson choose A big Axe. He touch the blade and smirk as he goes back to where he stood earlier.  Aillard choose a much longer stick than Zane. I think its a staff.

He looks serious as he went back to stand beside his fellow participant.

And last but not the least, Chase walk towards the table where the weapons had place.  Ilang saglit niyang pinagmasdan ang mga natitirang armas.

A dagger,crossbow, whip, 2 small swords, bow and arrows, and  throw knifes. I’m curious to why is it taking him so long to choose. Naipatong ko nalang ang aking baba sa aking kamay as I lean forward, as I watch him choose the 2 short blade swords.

“ The last challenge begins.”
Umalis muna sa gitna ng arena sina Zane at Aillard.

Samantalang naglakad patungo sa gitna sina Chase at King Emerson.Hindi pa man nakakapuwesto si Chase ay agad nang sumugod ang haring si Emerson. He swung his axe towards the prince, but the prince blocked it using his two-handed sword.

Mabilis ang mga naging galaw ni king Emerson habang patuloy na sinangga lang ito ni chase. As he lifted the axe and aimed it towards Chase, Chase skillfully dodged the attack. The axe buried itself in the ground.

I watched as Chase regained his composure and prepared for the next move.

With a fighting Stan, the two short blade swords is infront of him. From the surprise, his expression turned fierce.
'Bakit ba kasi lumalayag ang kaniyang isipan. Balak ba niyang masaktan?'

Nagpatuloy ang kanilang laban. Iniiwasan ni Chase ang mga atake ni Emerson. looks like he just waiting for his turn to attack. Nang masangga ni Chase ang atake ni Emerson gamit ang dalawang espada ay halos magtulakan ang dalawa gamit ang kanilang armas.
  Nagawa ni Emerson na maitulak ang prinsipe. Napaupo ito sa lupa.

Bigla akong kinabahan para kay Chase. I wanted him to win,not because I’m on his side,  I just don’t want to see King Emerson  win.
Emerson took this opportunity to attack.

Chase quickly stood up, dodging the attack, and managed to bring Emerson down after kicking him from behind. As Emerson faced him, a crossed sword was already aimed at his neck.Parehas na naghahabol ng hininga ang dalawa.

The audience heard the sound of the banging of a big drum , signaling that the fight is over and Prince Chase had won.
For some reason I find myself smiling.