Chapter 30

Princess Ava’s POV’

I left Calynnn on the balcony, I don’t know why I reacted that way after she asked me something. And I just tried to get that out of my mind, because the second challenge is about to begin.

I exited the Palace and sat on my designated seat. I asked Reggie why the Royal Family hasn’t arrived yet, and he answered that my Father, Eleanor, and my Stepmom are busy with other matters. I just let it go.

I silently observed my surroundings.

The participants were preparing their bow and arrows, and the colors of each kingdom’s flag could be seen…

White for the Kingdom of Hesivaria

Red for Ravaryn

Maroon for Dark Sapphire

Green for Chrysocolla

And Blue for Daesyn Kingdom, our kingdom.

As I looked around, I saw that the designated sit for the Royal Adviser and Councilors was place . There I saw the Head Adviser sitting on her chair, while her looking at a direction. Sinundan ko ang kaniyang tingin at nakita kung ano ang kaniyang pinagmasdan.

She  was observing the participants seriously.

I can’t deny that she look mature in her uniform as a Royal Advicer. I hope magkasundo kami ng punong tagapayo.

When the sound of the big drum was heard,  signaling that the competition was really about to begin, I returned my attention to the participants who got ready  to shoot the targets. I glanced at them, feeling bored. How would this help in selecting the rightful king?

Nanlaki ang aking mga mata at napatayo sa aking kinauupuan ang aking nasaksihan.

R-Reggie is walking in front of the targets while arrows continue to be released. I took deep breaths and my heart was beating fast. 'What could be on Reggie’s mind to do such a dangerous thing?' He wasn’t even wearing any armor.

Parang hindi gustong kumurap ng aking mga mata. Wala akong magawa kundi ang manood, hindi ko alam kung anong aking gagawin.

Halos mapatalon ako sa aking kinatatayuan nang May tumili. Marahas kong nilingon kung sino ang mga ito.

Nagsalubong ang kilay ko nang makitang kilig na kilig ang mga dalagang tagapagsilbi habang sila’y nanonood sa mga kalahok.

I rolled my eyes and returned my attention to the participants releasing their arrows. Reggie nearly got hit several times. It made me so nervous.

Muli nanamang tumili ang mga tagapagsilbi. Nilingon ko sila at tinitigan ng masama kahit pa ako’y nakamaskara.

Hindi nila ako napansin, at patuloy lang sila sa pagtili. Dahil sa inis ay kinuha ko ang pana malapit sa akin, itinutok ito sa kanila kahit walang Palaso.

They quickly snap back to reality and bowwed their heads. I lowered my bow and sat back on my seat. I watched again as the second trial unfolded.

Reggie walked seriously in front of them. I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched him walk.

Was he really taking this dangerous thing lightly? It’s his life, if he gets hit or grazed by an arrow, it’s his own fault. I glared at Reggie, my mood shifting because of the giggling servants earlier.

Pinasadahan ko ng tingin ang mga kalahok na naiwan. Marami nang natanggal dahil sa hindi nila natamaan ang target.

My attention turned to those in high positions from other kingdoms, who seemed to be representing their own kingdoms.

The twin princes, Prince Cliff and Prince Chase, with their red flags, were serious as they aimed at their targets.

The royal guard of Calynnn, with a maroon flag, was Zane.

And there was King Emerson of the Chrysocolla Kingdom, with a green flag.

He was not to be outdone as almost all of his released arrows landed in the center.

And the prince from the Hesivaria Kingdom, the kingdom where my stepmom came from, who I can’t stand.
Kulay puti ang watawat nito. Magaling din ito sa paggamit ng palaso, tila sumasabay sa hangin ang itim na itim nitong buhok.

Ok inaamin kong makikisig silang tignan, kaya naman pala tili ng tili ang mga dalagang tagapagsilbi. Kaasar, ang sakit sa tenga.

I returned my gaze to Reggie. He’s still unshaken. Is he planning to be injured?

For some inexplicable reason, I looked at the people on the balcony. It’s as if I sensed something strange.

Umiling nalamang ako at bumalik sa panonood nang makita na normal lang ang ikinilos ng mga nasa balkonahe.

This needs to stop, the competition needs to end. I stood up from my sit and walked towards the ongoing challenge. I can’t let this continue anymore.

*****

To be continue...