Chapter 41

Just a heads up, this chapter is filled with instances of suppressing anger.

******

Princess Ava’s POV’

I entered the room of the Lead Adviser, violently opening her door. She stopped in her tracks on her way to her bed. She’s wearing her maroon nightgown. Her jet-black hair is spread out, reaching her waist.

She looks at me expressionless in the eye. Her light blue eyes are locked onto mine. I saw her grin. Seeing me looking miserable must make her happy

“What brings you here?” tanong niya.

“What did you do to my sister?” Masama ko siyang tinignan. After I saw my sister cry when she approached me.

And she told me how difficult it is to be a Princess. Nabanggit niya ring sunod sunod ang pinagagawa sa kaniyang mga nakatataas. Her task are nearly imposible to finish.

“I don’t know what your talking about.” Taas noo niyang sagot. Naging seryoso na ngayon ang kaniyang expresyon.

“ You gave her tasks not meant for a child, which are extremely difficult to complete… With all the things you assigned to her, do you think she can handle it all?”

“Oh, about that…” she spoke calmly. She started walking towards her bed and sat on its edge. Sinundan ko siya ng masamang titig.

“She’s a princess, kailangan niyang magsanay. There’s no problem with that, sadyang nagiinarte lamang ang Prinsesa.”

Tila wala lang sa kaniya ang issue. She comb her long hair using her fingers.

“ But she is still young." pagdiin ko.

Napatawa siya ng bahagya at tinitigan ako sa mga mata.

“Paghahanda iyon para sakanya . And don’t tell me, your also here to question why I punish your Royal Guard."
Malamang ang binabanggit niya ang inuutos niya kay Reggie na maglakad sa harap ng mga kalahok habang inaasinta nila ang mga targe, noong maganap ang ikalawang pagsubok ng kompetisyon.

Kumulo ang aking dugo nang di ko sinasadyang malaman ang katotohanan sa ginawang iyon ni Reggie noong isinagaa ang pangalawang pagsubok.

“And my answer?
Pinagbayaran lang naman niya ang ginawa mong pagkakasala.”

“akala mo ba hindi ko malalaman na matagal mo nang binabalak na ipatigil ang kompetisyo? And that you secretly ordered your Royal Guard to get the list about the participants.”

Naikuyom ko ang aking kamao. My mind is telling me  to hurt her.

But I knew that was wrong. They want me to make a mistake, and when that happens, they have a better chance to take away my Crown.

And leave me with nothing. They want to remove me from the position as the heir to the throne. I won’t let that happen

Pumihit ako palikod upang makaalis an sa silid ng pinuno. I need to calm myself down.

“I told you not to mess with the Royal Competition.”

Padabog kong isinara ang kaniyang pinto.

Sumalubong sa aking  paglabas ang walang kaemo-emosyong si Reggie.
I just walk pass by him out of frustration.

Did he really let himself be controlled  by the lead adviser?

Third Person’s POV’

“you already have everything, The Throne, the love of our parents, … Now you’re preventing me to visit to another kingdom? Anong susunod , will you lock me up in this palace?” Prince Chase exclaimed upon seeing the guards blocking his way out of their palace gate.

Cliff confronted his sibling. “You misunderstood, brother… they’re only doing this for your own good,” Prince Cliff reassured Prince Chase.

Prince Chase took the sword of one of the guards. He pointed it at the guards, ng hindi man lang nagiisip

“Padaanin ninyo ako kung gusto n’yo pang mabuhay.”
Sumasakit na ang ulo ni Prince Cliff dahil sa kaniyang kambal.

“itigil mo na ang pag-alam tungkol sa dahilan ng pagkamatay niya… masasaktan ka lang” nasambit ng prinsipeng si Cliff na nagpahinto sa kapatid niya.

“Be careful with what you say. Cliff, if you side with the prince who was the cause of his death, I might forget you’re my sibling…”

Prince Chase spoke seriously and with anger.
“Prince Aillard is innocent. You don’t know the whole truth. If you’d just listen to his explanation” napahinto ito.
Namalayan nalamang niya na nakatutok sa kaniyang leeg ang  dulo ng espada na hawak ni Prince Chase.

Nanlaki ang kaniyang mga mata sa ginawa ng kaniyang kambal.

“I warned you..”

May namumuo nang luha sa mga mata ni Prince Chase, labag rin sa loob niya ang ginagawa niya. Ngunit para bang nawalan siya ng kontrol sa kaniyang sarili dahil sa galit. Seryoso niyang tiningnan ang kaniyang kambal.

“Chase you just need to listen ” Sumigaw si Prince Chase at itinaas ang espada. Prince Cliff instinctively closed his eyes as his twin swung the sword, ready to strike him.

He was almost jolted In surprise upon hearing the sound of the sword hitting the stone.

Cliff opened his eyes . He noticed the tears welling up in his twin’s eyes.

Prince Chase managed to hold himself back, narrowly avoiding harming his twin out of anger.

Nanghihinang nabitawan nito ang espada.

The guards of the kingdom of Ravaryn approached Prince Chase and held him to escort him into the palace.

Prince Chase had no choice but to be led by their guard. Nang malampasan na nila si Cliff, hindi na nito napigilan ang kaniyang sarili.

“R-release him and set him free,” he said with clenched fists.

The head guard approached. “But Your Majesty ordered us to guard him…”

“I am the crown prince… I’m the one present here , follow my command.”

Even though Prince Cliff knew he was defying their parents’ orders, he still did it.

“As you wish, Your Highness.” They released the Prince and all bowed to the crown prince simultaneously.

*****