Chapter 44

Third Person’s POV’

Ava stood on the stone railings of a balcony. The target boards were visible from there. Ava almost lost her balance when she step.

She aimed her arrow at one of the distant target boards while standing at the balcony’s edge. She was on the fourth floor of the palace, yet she didn’t seem afraid of how dangerously she was acting.

“You thought you could replace my mother?” She angrily released the arrow. It hit the middle of the target board.

Her sleepy eyes did not prevent her from hitting the target board.

Naglakad lakad siya sa railings ng balkonahe. She seems like a child playing balancing. After a few moments, she stopped.

“Alam ko namang kapangyarihan ang habol mo!” tila kinakausap nito ang kaniyang stepmom.

“At ano… kapag wala na ako sa trono at si Eleanor na ang papalit sa akin…sa tingin mo magiging makapangyarihan ka na sa buong Amaris.” She laugh as if she is out of her mind.

“I won’t let you…” She was about to walk back to the end of the railings when she suddenly got dizzy and clung to the wall. Looks like she can’t handle herself.

With the amount of alcohol she had from the Royal kitchen, and this is the first time she drank alcohol.

When she regained composure, she immediately stood up. She couldn’t even balance on the railing but she didn’t care.

As she stare at the sky a memory flash in her mind.
Ang nakita niyang tagpo na magkasama sina Calynn at Cliff…nang malaman niya na May namamagitan sa kanilang dalawa.  She laugh. “I should have know...Thank you Prince Cliff for saving my life that night. Nasaktan ko oo, pero salamat dahil mas naging matapang ako. Natuto na ako. And I will never fall-inlove that easily again.” Napahinto siya bigla sa kaniyang nasambit.

“ Wait.. am I really inlove? No, it’s just a stupid feeling that I felt. I’m just grateful"

“Right Its just a feeling of gratitude” then she chuckled.

Prince Chase listens inside the palace, leaning against the wall. He feels the princess’s profound sadness, and he hears everything about his brother.

He listens intently to what the princess is saying.

Wala ka nang maaring gawin upang matigil ang kompetisyon. Sa ayaw o sa gusto mo matutuloy at matutuloy ito.’

‘Paghahanda iyon para sa kinabukasan niya. And don’t tell me, your also here to question why I punish your Royal Guard.’

‘And my answer?
Pinagbayaran lang naman niya ang ginawa mong pagkakasala.’

‘I told you not to mess with the Royal Competition’

Muling sumagi sa isipan ni Ava ang mga katagang sinambit ng Punong tagapayo.

“Ano ba talagang plano ninyo? Para nga ba talaga sa kaharian o para sa sarili ninyo kapakanan?”

She souted out all the things he wanted to let out, angrily hitting the target board with her bow and arrow.

Prince Chase couldn’t bear it any longer, so he stepped out onto the balcony where the Princess was.

Nakatakip ang tenga nito habang naglalakad palapit sa railings kung saan nakatayo si Ava.

“Stop making noises,” Nilingon ni Ava si Chase. Halata na agad ni Chase ang kakaiba sa mga mata ni Ava.

Ngunit itinago niya lamang ang kaniyang nakita sa sa pamamagitan ng isang ngisi.

“What’s your problem this time, that you are disturbing in the middle of the night”

Ava laugh, “Oh look it’s Chase, here to join me”

The Princess was about to walk towards Chase, but after just one step, she lost her balance. She forgot that she was standing on the edge of the balcony.

And when she tried to approach the Prince, she took a step, only to find that she was treading on air.

Prince Chase caught the Princess’ on time. his hand wrap around her upper left arm. 

His arm against her back, to prevent her from falling and hurting her self. With her sleepy eyes she stared at the Prince’s worried dark eyes. Napagmasdan mabuti ng Prinsesa ang maamong mukha ng Prinsipe.

“You are very handsome….. totally”  She said as a smile make its way to her face.

Prince Chase smirk.  “If you find me attractive, I must warn you Your Highest…”

Kumunot ang noo ng Prinsesa.

“you’ll have a lot of rival”

What the Prince ulttered remind Ava of another Prince…. Prince Aillard. She’s dizzy and can’t control herself but she can think.

Mas mukhang kapatid pa niya si Aillard kaysa kay Prince Cliff ‘

He is blabbering nonstop.

Napangiwi nalang ang Prinsesa dahil sa ingay nito. Hawak ng Prinsipe ang prinsesa habang ito ay nakahiga sa kaniyang bisig. 

The Princess’ attention was drown to his lips.

And she had no choice to do the unthinkable, para matigil ang prinsipe sa kadadaldal.

Inilapit niya ang kaniyang mukha sa Prinsipe and everything went black.

REGGIE sat in front of the window, gazing at the two round moons. They weren’t very bright. It was a sign that he would sleep soundly tonight.

However, he couldn’t get out of his mind the moment when he promised to Alexandra, his close friend, that he would take care of her child, Ava.

Hindi na nito alam ang gagawin kung mapatalsik si Ava sa trono.

However, he still couldn’t stop the princess from doing things against the wishes of the council and advisors.

He sighed. It seemed he would have a hard time guarding the Princess and preventing her from being stripped of her right to the throne.

Reggie stood up in surprise at the sudden someone barge into his room. The guards entered and stood to the side.

“What are you doing here in the middle of the night?” he ask in shock.

Nasagot ang tanong niya nang sunod na pumasok sa kaniyang silid ang punong tagapayo.

“Seized him” galit nitong utos. Agad nilapitan ng mga kawal si Reggie at hinawakan siya sa kaniyang magkabilang braso.

"What do you think you’re doing?” a smirk curled on the lips of the Lead Adviser.

“Teaching the Crown Princess a lesson,” he replied meaningfully.

“What do you mean?” Reggie asked, confused and tinged with anger.

Instead of answering, the Lead Adviser walked out of the room.

Following her were two guards holding onto Reggie. “What are you planning to do t!?” Reggie shouted angrily, struggling.

Sa puntong iyon ay nasa panganib na  ang buhay ni Reggie. Ngunit mas ina-alala niya parin ang kapakanan ng kaniyang pinaglilingkurang prinsesa.

*******