Chapter 49

Third person’s POV

“How are your wounds?”  seryosong tanong ng haring si Abner kay Reggie.

They are in the king’s office. The king is sitting in his chair while Reggie is standing in front of the table. Nakayuko ng bahagya si Reggie. “ it Healed already, Your majesty”

Napabuntong hininga ang hari. “ Ano na naman bang ginawa ng Crown Princess kaya ka naparusahan?”
Hindi nakasagot si Reggie.

Napatayo ang hari at naglakad papunta sa kaniyang mini-library.

“There is something you should know, Your Royal Majesty”

Mahinang sambit ni Reggie.
“What is it?” tanong ng hari sabay kuha ng libro sa shelf at binuklat ito.

Maririnig ang pagpihit ng pahina. Ilang segundong katahimikan. Nang mag-angat na ang hari ng kaniyang tingin kay Reggie ay tsaka lamang nakuha ni Reggie ang pagkakataong magsalita.

“The Crown Princess already know my true nature. Alam na niya na isa akong lobo dahil nasaksihan niya ang pagpapalit ko ng anyo.” The king’s eyes widened, and he closed the book he was holding with force.

“How could you let this happen?!” the king’s voice raised, then he forcefully slammed the book on his desk. It created a loud noise.

The king closed his eyes and composed himself. Afterwards, he simply sat down on his chair.

“I kept all of the books that have the topic of wolves and other creatures… and even burned the page that the Crown Princess almost read.” Nagpahilot ito sa kaniyang sintido.

“Pero mukhang hindi ko parin siya mapipigilang malaman ang lahat ng mga sikreto ng ating mundo.iyon ang ikinakabahala ko.” 

Napabuntong hininga muli ang hari..

“ that’s why I’m here your majesty, to protect and ensure the safety of the Crown Princess while she discovers…” tila hindi maituloy ni Reggie ang kaniyang sasabihin.
Humugot ito ng lakas ng loob at buntong hininga.

“As she discovers everything” as he said that, nag-angat ng tingin ang hari.

Itiniklop nito ang kaniyang mga kamay na nakapatong sa lamesa.

“mukhang hindi ko mapipigilan ang pag-alam niya sa lahat. I trust you Reggie..keep her safe at all time”

Yumuko ang Royal Guard.

Princess Ava’s POV

Wala akong ginawa ng ilang araw dahil sa pagtitipon na magaganap. 

I also got the chance to talk to Eleanor whenever she’s not busy with her training.
The Royal family is quiet when we all eat together in the Dining hall.

Sometimes, Eleanor and her mother have conversations. It seems like light-hearted stories, and there’s always a smile on Eleanor’s face. The queen just chuckled every time the princess shares something amusing with her.

That scene made the dinner less awkward. Pero sa mga araw na iyon, tahimik lang ang hari na kumakain kapag kasabay namin siya. Mas madali din siyang matapos dahil  ayon sa kaniya marami pa siyang aasikasuhin.

When I’m alone or have nothing to do, I am entertained by the remaining participants. Or should I say they are a disturbance. They always send expensive items, be it fabrics or precious jewelry, all sent here by King Emerson from the Chrysocolla Kingdom. The independent kingdom with an arrogant king.

Ipinapabalik ko lagi ang mga ito. Pero siyempre pinagmemeryenda ko muna ang kaniyang mga tagasilbi. Kawawa naman.

I felt goosebumps sa tuwing nakakaharap ko ang mga nilalang na galing sa kahariang Chrysocolla.
Sa tuwing nakikita ko ang mga mata nilang berde.

Everytime I saw there emerald green eyes, I’ve imagine what they look like if they will change to their wolf form.
Anyway, As the banquet approaches, I couldn’t help but feel nervous. The entire Kingdom will finally get to know me, so I’m uncertain about what will happen afterwards.

I still receive scrolls from Knight Zane. He will deliver them himself when he’s not busy, and if he is, he sends them through one of his fellow knights. Those scrolls always catch my attention. I’ve developed a fondness for reading them.

Nasanay narin ako sa presensya ng dalawang kambal na Prinsipe galing sa Ravaryn Kingdom. I don’t know but they are always here in the palace. Hindi ko rin alam kung ano nga ba talaga ang ginagawa nila rito.

Prince Chase always tease me again,and called me Clumsy Princess. Sa tuwing maguusap kami nun lagi nalang akong natatawa.

Tila ba ang gaan ng loob ko sa kambal na Prinsipe na galing Sa kahariang Ravaryn. Well hindi naman kasi sila mahirap maging kaibigan.

Wait? So I have friends now. And take note they are from the other kingdoms.

Halos maalala ko na nga ang mga lagi nilang suot eh. Pakiramdam ko talaga mga paborito nilang kulay ang lagi nilang sinusuot.

I favor the color purple, and they each have their own favorites as well. Like Chase, who always wears red. His twin, Cliff, on the other hand, always wears  blue. Knight Zane is always in formal black attire.

As for King Emerson, the arrogant King, I’ve heard he has a hot temper, just like the color of his kingdom, and he’s always seen wearing green just like the color of his eyes.

Aillard, on the other hand, prefers light blue which is also the same color as his eyes.

As for Claynn, I’m still not sure because I’ve noticed his clothes come in various colors.

I place my chin on the palm of my hands as I look at the blue sky, with thin clouds. I close my eyes and felt the cold breeze while leaning forward the railings of my balcony.

Hindi naman pala ganun kasama ang Royal Competition.

Even tough labag sa loob ko ang kompetisyon na iyon. Ay marami naman akong nakilala na mga galing sa ibang kaharian. And they thought me na, I’m not the only one who have problems as they also have struggles in their own life.

Maybe that’s one of the proposed of the Royal Competition.

Napamulat ako nang maalala na pansamantala lang naman na itinigil ang kompetisyon. Matutuloy parin ito pagkatapos ng inihahandang pagtitipon..

I sigh, who could it be. Naaalala ko na May napili na sila na kalahok. Tutulungan kaya nila iyon?

I chuckled, what a stupid question. Of course, hindi nila siya pababayaan dahil nga he is the key to get what they want.

I sigh sharply, I just want to imagine a world where disagreements doesn’t exist. Just peace. Pero saan nga ba talga makakahanap ng ganung lugar.

“Peace starts here” naalala kong sambit ng aking ina at itinuro ang aking dibdib malapit akong puso.

“How?” I also remember answering back.

“pagpapatawad…”

Back then I wasn’t able to grasp what she said to me. But now remembering her advice. I understand now.

Na sa puso nagsisimula ang lahat.

And guess what, I learn to accept the people around me. And there starting to become part of my life. And I know that they will join me in my journey of being the heir to the throne.

That’s why no matter what happen I’ll never gave up on proving myself worthy for the Crown. And stop the Royal Competition once and for all.

****