5~ I Did This To Myself

Tw/Cw: (I put it in the comments in case people want a fun surprise on whats in for store for this chapter. If you have any sort of triggers, check the comments.) -->

------

The heat of the screeching fireworks behind me, the rushing of air against my cold lips, the whistling of the forest, nothing could distract me from what I had done. I simply hold the cold man, the blood rushing down my legs, soaking my white button up shirt, soaking me in his warm blood.

Without any thought, I simply scream. I scream for longer than I know. All I know is I screamed.

I screamed until my throat felt like it was going to give out, I screamed that the fact that the world had to be so cruel. I killed the man I used to love. I killed the man whose life had only just begun. He was only doing his job. And I killed him for it.

My screams weren't terror, they were pure and utter pain. I was screaming in agony. My throat feels as if I had swallowed an entire cup of sand, but I didn't care. I smash my head against his chest, my screaming fading as I felt the world around me being crushed.

I simply sob into his chest, wishing he could just come back. No amount of regret could make him come back.

The moonlight hits his armor perfectly, the majestic shimmer against the concrete wall behind him, his eyes plastered open, his mouth slightly agape, his eyes an emotionless blur. His warmth had soon circulated through his body, leaving nothing but a cold shell of who he once was. I watch in terror, my knees drenched in his blood, my shirt covered in sin, my face smeared with regret, my eyes watered with hatred. Hatred of myself. How could I do this? How am I this stupid.

I watch as the glimmer fades, causing the shine of the knife to be picked up. I swallowed the pain in my throat, exhaling deeply, my shaken hand moving towards the blade in the grass. As I held the dark metal, the crimson warmth around the handle, transferring to my hand, I felt guilt. I did this.

I bring the knife closer to my heaving chest, my body shaking from exhaling and inhaling in quick intervals.

I did this.

I press the knife against my chest, the sobbing only becoming more prominent. I didn't care anymore. I took somebody's life. Its the only thing left to do. His blood seeped down the handle of the knife, bleeding down my white dress shirt.

I did this.

My heart beat loud in my ears, the cold air soaking into the wet blood dampening my clothes, my hair catching in the wind, flowing softly behind my hair and onto my frozen forehead, I cry. I cry more than I knew I could.

...I did this.

My body feels as the sharpness enters my chest, penetrating my skin slightly. I hear the quick footsteps behind me, feeling cold hands yank onto my shoulders, pulling me to the ground. I scream out in confusion, feeling my numbed body hitting the cold grass, closing my eyes from the impact.

His hands press against my shoulders, digging me deep into the ground, restricting my desperate jolts, my desperate kicks, my desperate attempts to escape the life I had been given. I twist either way, my eyes welling up with tears again, completely unable to open my eyes.

He pins me down completely, his legs digging into the ground on either side of me, stopping the ability to kick him.

His hand goes to mine, taking the dagger and throwing it to the side, his hand taking its place, interweaving our fingers above my head. I scream out once again, being pinned down by someone who was twice my size. As I open my eyes, I begin to see the outline of the ram before me, his horns glimmering in the night, terror in his eyes.