Chapter 38

I woke up first the next morning. I looked over my shoulder at Fred, blushing furiously at the way his hair was messed up. That was all my doing from yesterday.

I shook my head to clear those thoughts, otherwise I'd get nothing done today, and sat up carefully. I stretched and stood from the bed. I grabbed Fred's shirt from yesterday off the floor and put it on, then wandered down the hall to the kitchen. I made both of us a cup of coffee and leaned against the counter for a moment.

"Morning," Fred mumbled as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He pulled me against him and kissed my cheek gently. "Morning," I replied, looking over my shoulder at him. A lazy grin tugged at his lips as he tightened his grip on me. "How'd you sleep?" 

"Pretty good," I murmured, turning around to face him. "Good." He leaned forward and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "You ready for work today?" he asked, pulling away and accepting his coffee. I grimaced and took a sip of my own. He laughed and said, "I'll take that as a no." I sighed and looked up at him. "I enjoy working at the shop... I just don't want to work today."

He laughed again and said, "I know what you mean. It's going to be a long day." 

"Actually..." I looked over at him sheepishly. "I have to leave early today." He raised an eyebrow. "For what?" I took another sip of my coffee, wincing when it burnt my mouth.

"May has her first dress fitting today, remember? Ginny and I are supposed to be picking out our dresses today too," I replied, smiling slightly when his expression dimmed. I reached out and rubbed his arm comfortingly. "I forgot about that," he groaned. "I'm going to be so bored without you." I laughed and said, "Call George. He'll be lonely today too." Fred sighed dramatically. "It's not the same."

I laughed again and put my now-empty cup in the sink. I wrapped my arms around his torso and stared up at him. "Well, I'm sorry love. But we already made these plans. I have to meet her at their flat so she can drive us. Ginny's just going to meet us there." Fred sighed and put his cup down. He hugged me back and sighed. "Then I'll enjoy the bit of time I do have with you today." 

"That's fine with me," I replied, pulling him away and leading him toward the couch. "Let's watch a movie before we go downstairs, okay?" He nodded and allowed me to drag him behind me. 

**

The shop was full of wild children today. They were all in here getting their last minute supplies before they returned to school. As the time for me to leave drew closer, it got less busy and we caught a break for a moment.

"Were we like this when we were that age?" I asked Fred after the last group left. He sighed and crossed his arms as he leaned against the counter. "I dunno, but I'm exhausted." I nodded and hopped up on the counter. "Me too. I hope our kids aren't that rowdy."

We both looked at each other and burst out laughing. "You do realise how ridiculous that sounded, right?" I nodded, still laughing. "Yeah, I realised as soon as I said it." He shook his head and looked over at me with a happy grin. I smiled back and started swinging my legs slightly.

"So, what kind of dress are you picking out for the wedding?" he asked casually, pushing off of the counter and standing in front of me. I shrugged, though I already knew what colour I was going to get. "I don't know. Why?" 

Fred shook his head and shrugged. "No reason." I narrowed my eyes suspiciously and raised an eyebrow. "That's an odd question, love," I murmured, ruffling his hair playfully. He scowled and swatted at my hand. "I just wanted to know what colour it would be, is all," he replied innocently.

I rolled my eyes and said, "You're literally in the wedding too. You already know." He arched an eyebrow. "Do I really? You do realise we're all wearing black suits and ties right? We're not matching you guys."