The First Night of Reason

Midoriya took a deep breath as he popped another pill in house mouth, swallowing it dry. He cringed as it scratched his throat, but he was happy to take it nonetheless. He was working his usual Saturday late night when Bakugo came in with his shag of the night, Uraraka. He didn't want to serve them, but he was the only waiter with an open table. With a heavy sigh, he turned on the faucet and took off his glasses. He cupped his hand under the water before splashing it on his face. He knew the pill would take at least thirty minutes to kick in, so he hoped the cold water on his face would work for now.

"You know you can get addicted to those." A rough voice sounded behind him. He jumped in surprise, quickly turning around. He grabbed his glasses from the brown marble top counter so he could properly see who he was talking to.

"I don't recall asking you." He responded with a bored expression as he turned back around, turning the faucet off.

"So tell me why the top student is taking unprescribed pills in the bathroom of his workplace." Bakugo said with a heavy sigh as he looked at the green haired man's reflection in the mirror. Midoriya clenched the edge of the sink as his eyes locked onto his neighbor's bright red eyes.

"How do you know they aren't prescribed?" He questioned as he rolled his eyes. The blond smirked as he walked closer to the green haired man.

"Because I know what it is." Bakugo responded with a simple shrug. "You usually take one in the morning to help you focus and stay alert." He continued as he stood directly behind the green haired man, keeping their eyes connected. "You usually wouldn't take it at ten in the evening when your work closes in an hour."

"Okay Sherlock, I get it." Midoriya said as he continued staring into his ruby red eyes.

"I wasn't lying when I said you could get addicted to those."

"Coming from my loud and obnoxious sex addicted neighbor?" He questioned with a cocked brow.

"Nothing wrong with finding something to cure my boredom." The fiery blond replied as he took a step closer to the short male back.

"Nothing wrong to help me stay awake through the day when you keep me up all night." He scoffed in return. "Aren't you supposed to be with your date?"

"Why are you being so mean to her? I know we've only been hanging out for a week, but I've never known you to be mean like that." He said with a small smirk as he stopped a foot behind him. "Are you jealous?"

"Jealous?" Midoriya scoffed as he turned around quickly. He almost knocked their heads together since he didn't realize how close he was. "Jealous of the girl that slept with my first love Todoroki and ruined my life?" He questioned in disgust. "Not at all. I'm pissed off and I just want you to hurry up and finish your meal and go fuck her before I come home from work. If I ever have to hear her moans again, I think I'll walk into traffic."

"She slept with your boyfriend?" Bakugo questioned with surprise.

"Yeah, they had apparently been dating for a while." Midoriya responded with a heavy sigh as he looked into his friend's ruby red eyes. "So please, hurry up so I don't have to hear it tonight."

"Why didn't you tell me when we got here?" Bakugo asked as he took a step back. "That would have given me enough time to find someone else you know."

"Because that's not how addiction works." Midoriya responded with a scoff as he rolled his eyes. The blond took a few steps back, looking at the green haired man with surprise.

"I'm not addicted to her, I'm addicted to sex in general. I could have easily found someone else." He informed with a shrug.

"You would have actually done that for me?" Midoriya responded with a cocked brow. "As you said, we've only been talking and hanging out for a week."