One Step at a Time

Part 3 of the update splurgeee

"Tenya, are you sure this is a good idea?" Yaoyorozu questioned as she took a sip of red wine, straight from the bottle. "We divorced for a reason."

"We divorced because the pressure of losing Hana got to us. We've both grown from the experience and I think our relationship is worth another shot. I'm not asking you to marry me, I'm asking you to go on a date with me."

"Just a date?" She questioned with a small sigh. She wanted to agree, but the thought of resurfacing all of the trauma they went through was stuck in the back of her mind. She turned into an alcoholic after their daughter died. She was no good for anybody in her life, which is why she only hung out with one select person. Even then, it was mainly just a sexual relationship.

"Yes, let's try to fix this. If we can't, then we can't. However, I do believe it's worth a try because I still love you Momo. I thought I was over you and our situation, but I'm not." He explained as he dropped to his knees in front of her on the couch. "I can't walk out that door without trying once more."

"A date." She said with a small smile as she locked eyes with her ex-husband. "That sounds lovely Tenya."

"Thank you." He whispered as he grabbed her left hand, placing a gentle kiss on the back of it. "You won't regret it."

"You know, I haven't been outside of this penthouse in at least a year." She informed as she squeezed his hand for comfort. "I hope it's not too different out there."

"It's not, it's pretty much the same way that it was a year ago." He said with a small laugh. It was no secret she locked herself away and stopped talking to anybody and everybody after the divorce was finalized. 

"That's good I guess." She mumbled in reply. "As long as you can make sure Todoroki won't be there, I'll go anywhere with you Tenya."

"If he shows up, I'll beat the living crap out of him." He said with a small laugh as Yaoyorozu reached her hand to her stomach quickly. "Are you okay?" He questioned with urgency in his voice when she squeezed her eyes shut in pain.

"Y-yeah." She groaned in reply. "I've just had terrible cramping all day."

"Maybe you should get some rest." Iida whispered gently as he grabbed the bottle of wine from her hand, setting it on the table beside him.

"I-I'm okay." She replied with another groan.

"I don't think you are." He responded as he stood up. "Let's get you to bed."

"I don't want you to leave yet." She admitted as the pain subsided for a moment, giving her a chance to breathe.

"Do you want me to stay with you until you fall asleep?" He asked as he gripped her hand, slowly pulling her off the couch.

"Don't you have to meet with Todoroki's father?" She questioned in confusion as he slowly began leading her to the bedroom they used to share.

"I've got about an hour before I have to be there, I'll stay until you fall asleep." He responded as he walked her over to the bed. He helped her lay down before sitting next to her, running his fingers through her greasy hair.

"Thank you Tenya.." Yaoyorozu mumbled as she finally drifted off to sleep. Iida smiled softly before leaning down, placing a gentle kiss against her forehead.

"One step at a time." He mumbled to himself as he slowly watched his ex-wife's chest rise and fall with her light breathing.

———————————

"You're showing me all this new stuff and expecting me to welcome Shoto back into my family and business with open arms?" Endeavor scoffed as they threw the packet of papers down on the desk in front of him. "This makes me want to push him further away."