Everyone Has an Addiction

⚠️Self Harm Themes⚠️

"Izuku Midoriya, I'm going to kick your ass!" Bakugo yelled from the river as his kayak floated a few feet away from him. His boyfriend and friends were racing away from him, laughing.

"That was mean!" Kirishima tried to scold, but he couldn't keep a straight face.

"Let's take a minute to appreciate that if this was two months ago, he would have actually strangled us." Kaminari said with a small smile as he looked at the green haired man.

"You can just swim the rest of the way." Midoriya responded with a laugh. "The car is just around this corner." He yelled back, still laughing.

"This was a good idea." Kirishima said to his boyfriend as they grabbed onto each other's kayaks, floating down the river. They were heading towards the last corner and they knew they were almost done.

"Yeah it was." Sero said with a small smile as he watched his best friend paddle against the current to return to the fiery blond. "I never thought I'd see the day where Mido got clean."

"Yeah, me either." Kirishima confirmed as they heard a loud splash behind them. They turned around to see Midoriya was now in the water with Bakugo, laughing loudly. "A few months ago, you told me you hoped Bakugo's feelings were strong enough to get his life together."

"What about it?" Sero asked as he turned his attention back to his boyfriend, letting the other two bicker in the water behind them. He felt a pang of jealousy in his chest when he saw the sad expression on his boyfriend's face.

"Is it wrong to say that I'm jealous he couldn't do it for me?" The redhead questioned quietly. "Don't take that the wrong way because I don't want to be with him, I love you so much and I'm incredibly happy with you Hanta."

"It's kind of hard to take it any other way." Sero muttered as he looked down at his lap. He wasn't sure how his boyfriend meant it, but it hurt nonetheless.

"What I mean is, why wasn't I enough?" Kirishima questioned with a small sigh. "Why couldn't I help him?"

"You're upset because somebody else helped him more than you could?" His boyfriend scoffed.

"I'm not upset that somebody else helped him more than I could, I'm a little jealous that I couldn't help him at all. Not even in a romantic way, but as his best friend. He's been my best friend since we could talk and I just feel like I'm a bad best friend because I couldn't help him." He explained sadly as he kept his gaze on his boyfriend. Sero understood what he meant when he fully explained it because he felt that way too.

"Midoriya tried for months to get me in rehab you know." Sero began with a heavy sigh as they released each other's kayaks and grabbed their paddles. "I ended up having to go through a court order, but I relapsed as soon as I got out. I started using again and he couldn't help me." He said as they began paddling towards the stone shore, ready to beach themselves to get out. "You did though." He said before they paddled quickly, beaching themselves on the stones. They stepped out of their kayaks, letting the workers pack them back up. Kirishima grabbed his boyfriend's hand, pulling him towards the tree line by the parking lot, wanting to finish their conversation privately.

"You helped me. When nobody else could, you did. I couldn't help Midoriya either, so I understand where you're coming from and how you feel. It's the way the universe works. You and Bakugo didn't have a future together and Midoriya and I didn't either, so none of us cared to ditch our addictions. But when I met you, I saw a future past the drugs, I saw a future I wanted to change and be a part of." Sero whispered as he grabbed his boyfriend's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "I know they haven't officially told us they're dating, but they most likely are and it's the same for them too. Neither of them saw a future with anybody, not until they met each other."