We Can't do This

❤️This is the last chapter for the splurge. As much as I would love to post more, I can't physically stay awake any longer.❤️

"So what's going on?" Midoriya questioned as he popped two pills into his mouth, knowing he wasn't going to be able to sleep. Not when the blond pounded on his door when he was about to try and take a nap.

"Back to back?" Bakugo questioned as he began making his way to the living room.

"Are you okay?" Midoriya questioned. He could obviously tell something was on his mind, but he couldn't stand to see how puffy and red his eyes looked.

"Sit down." The blond ordered gently as he took a seat on the floor. Midoriya didn't say anything as he walked into the living room, sitting behind him. He crossed his legs and leaned against him, not bothering to ask again.

"Yaoyorozu is in the hospital right now." Bakugo started with a heavy sigh. "Before you freak out, she's perfectly fine." He said quickly when he felt his neighbor tense against his back.

"What's wrong with her?" Midoriya questioned, still on edge. Why would she call Bakugo of all people? He asked himself.

"She's pregnant." The blond whispered. The green haired man's eyes widened in shock and his heart skipped a beat.

"A-and your the dad?" Midoriya stuttered as tears began filling his eyes. The blond didn't say anything, but the green haired man could feel him nodding his head against his. "H-how are you feeling?" He whispered quietly, hoping to hide the fact he was crying. The last thing he needed was his crush to realize how devastated he felt.

"Terrified." Bakugo replied honestly as he reached his left arm around in search of his neighbor's hand. He could feel his trembling against his back, signaling he was crying. "She told me she wouldn't hate me if I signed over all parental rights and just left, but I think I'd hate myself if I did. I never envisioned having my own kids, but I won't back down."

"Are you guys going to get together?" Midoriya asked as the blond finally located his hand, giving it a firm squeeze.

"No." Bakugo responded as he shook his head. "I told her I want to be in my daughter's life and we'll share custody every other week until she starts school at least. She's still hoping to work things out with Iida and I could never be with her."

"Because you can't be in a real relationship?" Midoriya questioned as tears freely fell down his face, leaving streaks through the mass of freckles on his cheeks. Bakugo let out a heavy sigh, knowing he could ruin everything they have.

"No, because I've fallen in love with somebody else." He informed. Just when Midoriya thought his heart couldn't break anymore, he felt it shatter. He didn't care about concealing his cries anymore. He brought his free hand up to wipe away the tears, his sobs growing louder and louder. "Why are you crying?" Bakugo asked, tears forming in his own eyes. To find out you're going to be a dad, attempting to confess to your crush, and hearing him cry so loudly hurt and made for a long day.

"B-because it h-hurts!" Midoriya cried out as he brought his hand to his heart, clenching his shirt tightly. "Despite your s-sex addiction, and despite h-how hard, I tried to not fall in love with y-you, I did!" He wailed. Bakugo's eyes widened in shock, not expecting his crush to return his feelings. "D-despite listening to you fuck s-someone else a-almost every night and d-despite you not being able to s-stay faithful, I s-still fucking fell in love w-with you!" He yelled with frustration, ripping his hand out of the blonds. He set his head in his hands and continued crying.

Bakugo pushed himself to his knees, crawling around to the front of the green haired man. He grabbed Midoriya's hands, forcing him to lift his head. He took a moment to take in every feature of his neighbor. His freckles were glistening from the tears and his eyes were a brighter shade of green than they usually were. His eyes and cheeks were slightly swollen and his hair was sticking to his forehead. Bakugo couldn't remember the last time he felt so broken. He didn't say anything as he continued staring into his bright green eyes. He began rubbing soothing circles on the back of his hands with his thumbs, hoping to calm him down slightly.

After another minute, Midoriya's sobs were reduced to silent tears as he stared at his crush, unsure of how he felt. His face showed nervousness, surprise, and sadness all in one. They'd never broken back to back before, so he didn't know what to do in this position either. With how the blond was looking at him, he was prepared for his heart to be broken. He was prepared to hear he didn't love him in return. He was prepared for anything other than what happened. His eyes widened in shock when he felt the blond's lips touch his. It wasn't the first time they kissed, but this wasn't like the other kisses they shared. It wasn't lustful and hungry, it was soft and passionate. He never got the chance to kiss back, being too consumed by shock.

"You're the person I fell in love with." The blond whispered as he pulled away from the kiss, bringing his right hand up, using it to cup his cheek. Midoriya showed a sad smile, happy to hear his neighbor loved him back. However, he knew the reality of it all. He knew they could never work.

"If I wasn't around, you would still sleep with someone else." Midoriya whispered as he relaxed his face into the blond's hand. "If you weren't around to buy my pills, I would still sleep with someone else too. Not to mention, you're going to be a dad. I can't be around you and your baby while I'm addicted to drugs, I can't."

"I know." Bakugo whispered sadly as he leaned forward, placing his head on his neighbors.

"You'd cheat on me all the time, which is something I can't handle."

"I know." The blond replied once more.

"Which is why we can't do this, despite how much I love you."

"I know." It was now Bakugo's turn to cry. Tears rolled down his face slowly as he squeezed his eyes shut.

"We probably shouldn't have sex anymore, it will only make it harder." Midoriya brought his hand up, resting it on his crush's face as well, using his thumb to stroke his smooth skin.

"I know." Bakugo whispered as tears continued falling down his face. "If we're going to stop all of that, can I kiss you again? One more time?" He asked quietly. The green haired man nodded his head before leaning forward, determined to kiss him this time. As soon as their lips met, their hearts started beating in sync. Their lips moved together as the taste of their tears tainted their kiss. Cinnamon and caramel combined for what could be the last time.