The Truth Comes Out

When I started writing this, I had no intention of making it one of my longest stories. I just finished writing the 45th chapter and I still have more ground to cover before bringing the story to an end. Hope y'all are ready😂

Iida's jaw clenched in anger as he watched one of his best friends push his pregnant ex-wife down the stairs. He rewinds the video and pressed play over ten times before Yaoyorozu forced him to stop.

"Why didn't you tell me it was him? Not only did our child die, but you were seriously injured!" He yelled in frustration as he banged his fist against the glass coffee table.

"He was your best friend!" She defended as she sulked back into her couch. "How was I supposed to tell you that your best friend was a terrible person? I didn't want you to have to figure it out like Midoriya did."

"What do you mean like Midoriya did?" He questioned as he pushed himself from the couch in anger. "What did he do to Midoriya?"

"It's probably better if you hear it from him and not me." She responded honestly with a heavy sigh as she grabbed her bottle of red wine from the table, thankful her ex-husband didn't spill it when he hit the table. "Go and talk to him, then talk to Sero."

"Why Sero? I hardly know him." He scoffed as he walked to the door, putting his shoes back on.

"Just trust me." She pleaded with a sad smile. "And don't tell Midoriya you're going to talk to him. Make sure you ask Midoriya why he and Todoroki really broke up and why he's back with him now. You're going to have to promise to not judge him though, and you need to try your best to understand him."

"Should I be worried?" Iida asked as he walked back over to her, placing a gentle kiss on the top of her head.

"A little, but hopefully everything will work out in the end." She responded with a satisfied hum. She didn't realize how much she missed his touch until now.

"I'll go talk to them, but I'll be back." He informed as he walked to the door once more. "I have more questions and I want to talk to you more." His eyes connected with hers for a brief moment before all the pain from their relationship ending flooded his mind. He really did want to talk to her more, but he had to get out of the home they used to share for a little while.

"I look forward to it." She whispered. He gave her a quick nod before walking out the door, refraining from going back inside. They hadn't seen each other in months and he didn't know he missed her as much as he did. After the loss of their child, they disagreed on a lot of things before they eventually settled on getting a divorce, which shocked everyone they knew. With a frustrated sigh, he pulled out his phone and texted Midoriya, letting him know he would be at his house soon. He took the elevator down the from the 9th floor, on a mission to figure out the whole truth, not just the bits and pieces.

—————————

"What do you mean? You already know he broke up with me because I had a mental breakdown." Midoriya responded with a cocked brow.

"You and I both know that isn't true." Iida responded with a heavy sigh as he pushed the glasses up on the bridge of his nose. "I talked to Momo... she wouldn't tell me what happened between you and Todoroki. However, she did tell me he was the one who pushed her down the stairs." He informed as he sulked into his friend's couch. His eyes couldn't help but focus on the several hickeys lingering on his neck. His ex-wife made it sound like he didn't want to be with the Heterochromatic man, but his neck said otherwise.

"She told you he pushed her?" The green haired man asked in shock. She was paid to be quiet about the situation, why would she say something?

"Yeah, then she told me to come here and get the truth from you about why you two broke up and why you're back together." Iida said. "You know you can come to me about anything at anytime Midoriya, I'm always here for you; I always have been." He whispered sadly. Even after the green haired man stopped talking to everyone, they stayed. They stayed around in hopes that he would come back to him, they've always been there and they've always had their back.

"Please don't judge me.." Midoriya mumbled, scared to tell him the truth. He let out a shaky sigh as he took his glasses off, setting them on the table between the two couches. The best thing about ghosting Todoroki was that he got to wear his glasses again. "You know my dad overdosed when I was a kid, right?"

"Yes." The other male responded with a frown. He wasn't terribly close with the green haired man at the time, but they were still friends. He remembered how horrible it was for him.

"I was abusing drugs when he died. Hell, I still am." He let out a nervous chuckle. Iida's eyes widened in shock as he took in the information he had just heard. "I tried to detox after that, I really did. However, I wasn't strong enough and I couldn't do it. My mom found out and she killed herself because of it." He whispered as tears began pooling in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry Midoriya." Iida said sadly. He couldn't imagine how that felt, he didn't want to.

"When she died, I went to Todoroki's for comfort, but I walked in on him having sex with Uraraka." He scoffed with a small laugh. "My boyfriend was fucking my best friend."

"W-what?" Iida was shocked to hear the truth. To think these people were your friend, then to find out in one day that they really weren't was a huge stab to the back.

"He didn't break up with me because I had a breakdown, I left him when he cheated on me with my best fucking friend. I did have a mental breakdown, but that was a few days after."

"They really did that to you?" Iida questioned as he clenched his fists against his legs. "Why are you back with him now?"

"Because he told every dealer he would pay double if they agreed not to sell to me." Midoriya responded with a scoff. "I was with him for drugs honestly. I put up with his abuse and crappy personality for almost two weeks before I figured out how to escape." More like before I was rescued. He said to himself with a frown as his neighbor popped into his mind. After Todoroki has pounded on his door for a few hours and eventually went home, Midoriya returned to his own home two days ago. He and the blond haven't talked since.

"What drugs do you do?" Iida questioned as he looked anywhere but the man across from him, understanding what his ex-wife was talking about.

"I speed." The freckled man responded honestly. He didn't need to go into detail about what he preferred to achieve that though.

"So you don't have insomnia?" Iida questioned with a nervous smile. "You're just always wired to be awake."

"Pretty much." He said nervously. He knew he was being judged at the moment, but he didn't care as much as he used to. Iida hasn't been a part of his life for so long.

"Why did you push Tsu and I away? Why didn't you just tell us what had actually happened?" He questioned with a frown.

"Todoroki told me not too. He can be a very scary man. Plus, it felt like my life just ended and I was spiraling fast and I didn't want to take you two with me." He admitted as his cheeks flushed pink.

"We would have been there for you Midoriya."

"I know, but I didn't need anybody to tell me that I needed to get clean. I didn't need anybody to tell me that Todoroki and Uraraka weren't worth the tears. I didn't need anybody to feel sorry for me, especially when I landed myself in foster care. I just wanted to go through life in my own way at my own pace." He responded with a shaky breath. As much as he didn't want to have this conversation, he knew his old friends deserved to know the truth.

"Tsu and I would never force you to do anything, even get clean. I know that forcing someone to get clean or sober only pushes them in the opposite direction. Once you know you have an addiction, the rest is up to you. I do look forward to the day that you are clean though." Iida said with a sad smile.

"Yeah, me too." Midoriya responded as his mind wandered to his neighbor once more. It's been harder and harder to get him off his mind.