I'm Here Now

"Tenya already knows what happened to the baby." Yaoyorozu said with a heavy sigh as she took a sip of her red wine, straight from the bottle. "He doesn't know that it was Todoroki, but he knows what really happened."

"And he was okay with that?" Sero questioned in confusion. He didn't know Midoriya's old friends that well, but he thought he knew them well enough to know Iida would not be okay with one of his best friends being the reason he lost his baby.

"Do you want the complete truth?" She asked as she set her bottle down on the glass table harshly.

"Yes, the full truth." He responded with a heavy sigh, relaxing back into the couch.

"As soon as we found out her gender, we picked the name Hana. We were so excited when we found out we were going to be having a girl." She began explaining as she closed her eyes, relishing in the past moment. "We came home that day and began setting the nursery up and painting everything the pink and white theme we debated on." She whispered as her eyes flickered to the door across the living room that was next to her door. It was painted white with a pink H sitting in the center. There was a giant silver padlock that held the door shut permanently.

"A month later at my next appointment, we learned that she had a lethal case of Osteogenesis imperfecta, or brittle bone disease." She whispered as a tear rolled down her face. "Hana was never meant for this world. Had she been born, she was going to die hours after birth. We had already come to terms that we were going to lose her. When Todoroki pushed me down the stairs, it did destroy us. I told Tenya what happened, but I never told him who did it. I figured that we were going to lose Hana anyway, so he didn't need to know what his best friend had done."

"He deserves to know that though. He's been hanging out with Todoroki this whole time, not knowing he was the reason his baby died earlier than she was supposed to." Yaoyorozu rolled her eyes as she picked up her bottle once more.

"Why are you really here Sero? I haven't talked to you in over a year and you suddenly come knocking? You're here for a reason, so just tell me before I kick you out." She said curtly before taking another drink of her wine.

"Okay, fine." Sero let out a heavy sigh, hoping she still loved the rest of her friends. "I take it you know that Midoriya and Todoroki broke up about a month after the stair incident."

"Yes. Midoriya was the only one that knew the truth about who pushed me down the stairs. I didn't tell him until the day after they broke up though." She informed as she relaxed into her white velvet couch.

"Do you know why they broke up?"

"No clue. He wouldn't tell me actually." Yaoyorozu took another drink from her bottle. Realizing it was almost empty, she quickly downed it before grabbing another one from a well-stocked pile on the floor.

"Todoroki cheated on him with Uraraka." Her eyes widened upon hearing that, finally understanding why Midoriya stopped talking to his best friend of over ten years. "The day his mom died, he walked in on them. He was distraught and got the video from your surveillance cameras in the stairwell."

"He walked in on his the day his mom died? That poor boy.." Her voice trailed off slowly.

"I'm going to tell you a lot of things that I probably shouldn't be telling you, but I need your help. Not only me, but Midoriya also needs it." He said with a serious face as he sat up, resting his elbows on his knees.

"What's going on?" She questioned as she set her new bottle on the table, giving him her full attention.

"Todoroki was abusive towards Midoriya during the majority of their relationship. It wasn't an everyday thing, but it definitely happened. When he left him, he tried to get sober."