The Reunion

"Katsuki?" She questioned with wide eyes. He nodded in response, causing her to open the door widely. "Come in." She took a step back allowing him to step inside. "You can have a seat anywhere, I'll go get him." She responded before speed walking away. Bakugo didn't have a seat after she left. He slowly began walking through the open space downstairs, looking at everything that had changed. The house no longer smelled like a bar after a frat party game night, it smelt of lavender. The once tan walls were now a fresh shade of white to match with the grey and white furniture that was placed throughout the home. It reminded him of how the house felt before his mom died. Warm and inviting. There weren't dirty dishes and clothes everywhere and every hole in the wall had been repaired.

"Katsuki?" Masaru questioned loudly as he stepped into the living room to see his son looking around. He tried to conceal his heavy breathing from running down the stairs. After the initial shock of Aya telling him his son was here, he ran down here as fast as he could. Bakugo turned around quickly, his heart racing. He didn't have great memories with his father or this house. He suddenly wished he invited him out for coffee. His eyes connected with his father's brown ones and he froze. His once cold eyes were now warm and soft, but he couldn't help the feeling of hopelessness when he looked inside them.

"Can we talk?" Bakugo asked quietly as he looked to the ground, suddenly not able to look in his eyes anymore. The same eyes that looked into his when he was abused as a child. The same eyes that told him over and over again how worthless he was.

"Of course!" His father replied too quickly, obviously desperate for the conversation, yet terrified. "Why don't we go out back?" He suggested. "Aya is about to start lunch." His son nodded in response before following him through the kitchen and out to the back patio. He internally smiled when he saw it was the same furniture they always had, still in perfect condition. The back patio was his mother's favorite place to sit, so it was never used after she passed away.

"Aya your girlfriend?" Bakugo questioned quietly as they both took a seat in the green iron chairs with a small table separating the two.

"Fiancée actually." Masaru muttered nervously as he took in his son's appearance. He had only seen him once since he left after he turned 18 and he looked so different. His hair was the same length and cut that he's always had, but it looked softer than it used to. His cheekbones were more prominent, definitely making him look older than he did when he was 18. "What have you been up to?" He asked quietly, wanting to escape the awkward atmosphere that had been created.

"I uh-" Bakugo started, not sure where to start. His sex addiction? The fact he was going to be a dad? Midoriya? He had so much he needed to talk about, that he didn't know where to start. "I have one more semester left in college." He said with a heavy sigh, not wanting to jump into blaming him for ruining his life. "I just started a part-time internship at CPS in the city, hoping to be hired in after graduation."

"CPS?" His father questioned with a cocked brow. The last time he knew, he didn't want to go to college at all.

"Yeah, I want to work in the foster system, eventually fostering kids in my own home one day." He said with a shrug. He didn't care what his father thought about him. Despite being a sex addict with a slight anger issue, he thought he turned out pretty damn good.

"That's amazing Katsuki." His father smiled.

"How's the sober life?" Bakugo questioned quietly, looking down at the table.

"Treating me pretty good." Masaru responded. "I wish I got to show you this side of me when you were still a kid."

"God knows I could have used it." Bakugo snapped. Masaru's eyes widened in shock, knowing he deserved that. "Sorry... I didn't come here to start a fight." The blond muttered, his face turning a bright shade of red.