The Deal

"Sorry man." Monoma said through the phone.

"Is there some sort of unwritten rule? I've gotten ahold of every dealer I know, but nobody will sell to me." Midoriya questioned with a frustrated groan. He took the last two pills he had almost twelve hours ago and since Sero wasn't dealing anymore, he had to find someone else.

"I guess somebody really wants you to be sober." Monoma replied simply. "Your best bet is to go a town over or two. Nobody here is going to sell to you."

"Alright, thanks." Midoriya said with a heavy sigh before he hung up the phone. He threw his phone on the table and pushed himself to his feet. "What the fuck am I supposed to do?" He asked himself. "I don't know any dealers anywhere else." He groaned to himself as he picked his phone up once more. He quickly dialed Sero's number and pressed the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" Sero questioned into the phone after the second ring.

"Hey, I need a favor." Midoriya said quickly.

"What's up?" His friend questioned with a small sigh, hoping he wasn't about to ask him for drugs.

"Okay, nobody in the city will sell to me and before you get defensive, I'm not asking you to either." The green haired man explained simply.

"What do you mean nobody will sell to you? Have you tried every one I told you to try?" Sero questioned in confusion.

"And more." Midoriya said as he stood from his seat, pacing around his kitchen. "Monoma said somebody he guesses somebody really wants me to stay sober. I was wondering if you could look into it? You don't have to if you don't want to or aren't comfortable doing so."

"I got you. Give me maybe two minutes and I'll call you back." Sero said.

"Thank you so much." Midoriya replied with a sigh of relief as he ended the call. He stared at his phone, watching the time go by, patiently waiting. He watched the clock change four times before it rang in his hand once more.

"Hello?" He questioned eagerly within a second of it ringing.

"You're really not going to like this." Sero started with a heavy sigh.

"What's going on?" Midoriya questioned as he took his glasses off his face and set them on the table.

"Todoroki is paying double to everybody if they agree to not sell to you."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" The green haired man questioned as he brought his hand up, pinching the bridge of his nose. He had a huge headache coming and he desperately wanted to avoid it.

"I can try to find some dealers near me for you." His friend offered.

"Absolutely not. You're distancing yourself and staying on the down-low. I didn't even want to call and ask you to investigate." Midoriya informed. He knew his friend was trying to clean up his act and he refused to halt that process any further. "I'll take it from here, thank you Sero."

"No problem." His friend responded. "I'll see you next weekend, right?"

"I'll be there." The freckled man responded with a soft smile. They promised they would all go see Sero every other weekend since he moved away. It was something he looked forward to since Sero was the only friend he had since he broke up with Todoroki and distanced himself from the rest of the friend group.

"If you need anything else, let me know."

"I will, thanks again." As soon as the call ended, Midoriya scrolled through his contacts until he found his ex's name. He felt sick to his stomach as he stared at the name he had grown to hate. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves and hit call. He put the phone up to his ear and waited for his ex to answer. He felt like he could throw up when he heard his voice after the second ring.