Chapter 21; Death is coming

*Author's note*

Okay guys this is the last chapter for the DESOLATION OF SMAUG, the next set of chapters will be for the Battle of the Five Armies and then some events afterward. In total I'm thinking this story might be about 34, possibly 35 chapters before finally going into the events that happen in the LOTR. I'm also throwing in the air writing some inbetween stuff, individual oneshots that'll take place between the two series but we'll see. For now enjoy this last chapter of the DOS.

________________________________________________________________________

Laketown grew silent as most of its inhabitants were either settling in for the night or already falling asleep, while others were just finishing up their shops and chores for the day. Bain had returned to the house, however their father was not with him.

"Bain where's Da?" Sigrid asked.

"We were ambushed by the Master's guards. He told me to hide the arrow and....they must've got him."

"Is Da going to die at the Master's hand?" Tilda asked fearfully. Sigrid knelt down to her sister's height and reassured her.

"No. No we can't think like that. Da is strong. Both he and aunt Hela are strong. If aunt Hela can continue to fight off whatever is wrong with her, Da will come back to us. They've known and trained together for a long time. He'll find a way back to us." She stroked Tilda's hair and gave her a kiss to her little sister's forehead.

"Laddie, we could use some extra help over here." Oin called out to Bain. Bain turned towards them before turning to Sigrid. She nodded to him and he trotted over towards his aunt's room.

"What is it you need?"

"We need more cool water to bring her fever down." The elder dwarf told the young man.

"Curses where is Bofur with that blasted weed!?" Kili exclaimed angrily.

"He better hope he didn't get himself lost." Fili stated as he kept dabbing away at Hela's forehead. Suddenly her eyes shot open and she let out a panicked gasp. Her eyes still that same haunting color, but now her fingers had fully gone black.

"Hela!" the young princes exclaimed.

"Sigrid......" Hela spoke in that same growl-like hollowed voice. She pushed herself off the bed and left her room.

"Aunt Hela!"

"Hela lass you need to keep resting!"

"Sigrid!" she exclaimed. Sigrid who was outside calling for her father, was oblivious to the danger that was walking above her from the neighboring houses. That's when the dwarves also began to notice just above their heads, the roof was starting to creak.

Suddenly an orc appeared before Sigrid. She let out a terrified scream but before it could harm her, Hela stepped forward and gripped the orc's throat with her right hand. It thrashed around as she began to raise it up like a ragdoll, thrashing and snarling.

As she slowly raised her left hand, it began to glow black with silver rims and she placed her hand over the orc's face. That's when it suddenly let out an agonizing scream before it went limp in her hand. She tossed it over into the lake like it was nothing before growling to Sigrid.

"Go!" Sigrid immediately followed her aunt's instruction and closed the door. Soon more orcs came running up towards the door and that's when she let loose her Celestial magic. Black and silver beams of Celestial magic shot at the orc's however unlike before when she would use these powers they would toss them aside or knock them unconscious, this time her magic actually cut through them like swords.