Chapter 32; The story of Cain the Wrathful

*Author's note*

Okay folks this is the last update I will have for this story for awhile, you all are FINALLY caught up. Now I'm thinking of at least 2-3 more chapters after this and a couple of separate oneshots that I will just post under each character that'll be important (you can choose to read those oneshots or not, I won't force you) before I finally start posting up what I've started on the LOTR sequel.

ALSO PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO DOWN BELOW BECAUSE THE SONG REALLY FITS WITH IT!!! Esp. with Cain's story that he will share with Hela. So until next time my dears, enjoy this chapter.

Warnings: angst, some fluff, more angst, character deaths, body part missing, more angst and a dash bit of fluff. This chapter is pretty heavy ya'll so just bear with me. 

P.S. GIFS AREN'T MINE THEY BELONG TO THEIR OWNERS I'M JUST USING THEM FOR VISUAL PURPOSES.

_____________________________________________________________________

*Cain's POV*

I felt the warmth of the sun disappear from my skin which gave me a sign that nightfall was not far behind and I still have yet to find Hela. I know I could've used my enhanced hearing to find her by following her heartbeat but I've already lied to her once, I don't want to scare her away for good in her knowing how exactly I found her.

The sound of wings flapping soon came over me and I could smell the scent of earth from the Misty Mountains and dried blood aroused my nose. Icarus had found me. I turned towards him and asked.

"Have you found her?" he let out a few trills and his wing extended outward to his right. "Lead me to her Icarus." He walked closer to me and I felt his body lower down in front of me allowing me to mount on top of him as he took off flying.

I heard the sounds of the river creek just below us as Icarus flew downward, flapping his wings accordingly before he landed safely on the ground. It was then Hela's heartbeat rang fast yet would skip a couple of beats, like when you splint a wood when hammering a nail into it.

There was no need to have Druig's ability to read minds for me to tell how Hela was feeling, even her voice alone earlier today spoke of betrayal, heartbreak, shock, confusion, and anger. Slowly I approached her, the sound of the water growing louder with each step I took closer to her.

"Hela." I spoke her name. I heard the fabric of her clothes adjusting as she was probably huddling herself closer trying to become invisible (even though that wasn't possible). "Hela we have to talk." I told her softly.

*My POV*

Talk? Talk about what? All this time, all these years.....these past two Ages I've walked Middle Earth, another Celestial existed and he did nothing to help me or our brothers and sisters.

"All this time. You've been here. Hiding in the shadows while our kin—" I trailed off harshly wiping away my tears. "Another Celestial has been alive all this time. How am I supposed to process this?"

"Hela....." I turned to face him, rage boiling within me as I snapped.

"No! You abandoned us! Abandoned your kin! How could you ever live with yourself with all this. And you knew I was out there suffering! Alone! Living with the guilt of not being able to revive my family from the Deviant's sting. Living with the sorrow of seeing their stoned bodies every day for this whole Age. Living with—living with loneliness. At the fact that you made me believe to be the last of my kind." I rambled on in pure rage before trailing off and finishing off brokenly.

I couldn't look him at his blindfolded gaze any longer. I turned and sniffled as I tried to stop the tears from falling but I couldn't stop them.

"Not a day goes by where I don't think that. Knowing that I was forced to never have contact with you or any of our fallen kin."