Chapter 24 - Niall Horan

Chapter 24 — Niall Horan

I clenched my jaw together and forced myself to move. That damned invisible force kept me prisoned to the ground,preventing me from doing anything to save my mate.

I could do completely nothing but to watch how Liam battled Luke, never in my whole life have I felt so utterly hopeless.

My muscles tensed together and I growled in irritation when I couldn't even manage to move an inch. Seriously, what is this force? It's clearly not Luke, for he's fighting with Liam.

But if it isn't Luke, then who — or what — is it?

I needed to get out of here, Liam needed me and if I stayed prisoned for long he could get seriously hurt, or worse.

Suddenly, the force disappeared and I jumped up, looking in the way of Liam and Luke, but what I saw unfold in front of my eyes made me freeze on my spot, completely horrified.

I wanted to go and help, but I couldn't. I seemed to be paralyzed.

I watched on horrified how Luke created some kind of spear and shot it towards Liam — who seemed to be stuck against a tree. I saw how the spear went right though him and how Liam fell to the ground and just... stopped moving.

My eyes drastically widened and my heart fell. The only thing I saw is Liam's lifeless body lying on the ground in his own pool of golden blood — angel blood. A tearing pain in my chest made me fall to the ground with a howl of pain.

The worst thing about losing your mate is that you can feel their pain the moment they die. Mates are bound to each other and Liam is the other half of my soul, without him I'm just... empty, for a lack of better words.

After what felt like an eternity, I moved my eyes from Liam to Luke, who was circling above him with his pitch-black wings.

A sudden rage went through me and a low growl escaped my throat.

This is low, even for you. You will pay for this, I told Luke, tears blinding my vision.

Luke just smirked, And how do you plan on doing that, Horan? You saw my powers, I can easily kill you like I killed your mate, he replied and I whimpered, the word 'killed' destroying my heart like a wrecking ball.

Not if I can do something to prevent it from happening, I said when I took flight and soared high in the sky. The sunlight shone down harshly on me and I concentrated; feeling the Heavenly Fire burning thought my veins like a thunderstorm, begging to be released.

So that is what I did.

I blazing blue eyes opened and I dove down towards Luke, Heaven's Fire surrounding me as I did so. Luke's eyes widened a millisecond before he dodged me and slashed towards me with his claws. My paws shot forward and I captured Luke in my hold.

With a captured Luke, I folded my wings on my bag and fell down towards the earth underneath us. The wind howled past my face and Luke struggled in my hold, trying to break free, but I held on tightly.

When I almost touched the ground, I let go of Luke and slammed him with all my strength against the rocks, spreading my own wings and landing in front of him.

 I bared my teeth and growled, What did you say, Luke? Seems like I'm the one to kill you, after all. I snarled at the hybrid, before jumping on him and harshly biting down in his neck with my sharp teeth.

Luke howled and struggled in my hold; slamming his wings against my face, biting and scratching towards me, but I only tightened my hold till I tasted blood in my mouth.