Chapter 34 - Liam Payne

Please don't be mad at me. I HAD to do this! It's going to be an important part of the series! I'm sorry, please don't kill me after this!

Chapter 34 - Liam Payne

"Liam, are you okay?" Niall asked and I struggled to look up; seeing my mate's concerned blue eyes gazing down at me. I was quick to look elsewhere.

"I'm doing okay. Don't worry too much about me, Niall," I said in the lightest tone I could muster.

Niall did not seem to fully believe me but he clearly decided not to press the matter any further. For which I was grateful. "Here," he said instead, "I bought you some chicken noodle soup," gently handing me some soup and a spoon.

Niall sat with me while I ate my soup. To make sure I ate it all or just to be with me, I wasn't entirely sure which one it was. Or maybe an entire different reason. Either way, I was glad he was here with me. He had started chatting about the going-on in the pack; about the gossips and the reports of the Warriors who patrolled the borders.

I was only half listening though. I was too busy looking at him; the way his hands moved, to animate what he was saying. The way his whole face lit up when he was talking about something he was passionate about, like the first rays of sunrise on a cold winter night; warm, kind and full of hope and love.

"Liam, are you even listening to what I am saying?" Niall asked, his blue eyes shining in amusement.

I blinked, as if waking up from a dream, "Yes, of course I am," I immediately said.

Niall tilted his head to the side and gave me a thoughtful expression, signalling he did not fully believe me, "Oh, really?" He had said and when I nodded he added with a mischievous smirk, "Then it won't be a problem for you to repeat what I was saying, am I right?"

When I stayed silent, Niall's smirk widened. "I knew it," he breathed out between a laugh.

"What were you even thinking about then? You were smiling pretty big," he asked, suddenly very curious.

That was the thing about Niall. He was always curious, even about the smallest things. That's one of the many things I love about him.

"I was just thinking about how much I love you," I told him.

Niall looked down at me, "I love you too, Liam," he whispered, like it was the biggest secret in the world. The idea of our love being a secret made me nearly laugh aloud; even in Heaven they knew about our love. It was anything but a secret.

Niall leaned down and gave me a light kiss on the cheek. When he was about to pull away I made a sound in the back of my throat as some kind of protest. I wound my arms around his neck and pulled him down on me. His weight nearly crushing me, but I did not mind. I needed it.

I kissed him, pouring all my emotions in that single kiss; the frustration, love, anger, desperation and lust I was feeling, emotions bottled up deep inside of me. At first, Niall tensed up in surprise, before he relaxed and kissed me back with the same emotions.

Our kiss became heated pretty soon. My hands tugging his hair lightly; making soft moans escape past his parted lips. Occasionally his tongue darted past my lips, but he was quick to retreat it back in his own mouth. Sometimes he also tugged my lips with his teeth, driving me insane.

"Don't be such a tease," I growled. Niall shrugged his shoulders, as to say 'What do you do about it?'

"You know you love it," he spoke huskily. And I indeed did.

One of my arms wrapped around Niall, pressing him closer against me. Niall responded with a hum of appreciation. My free hand went to the table next to the couch; touching something cold and sharp. A silver dagger.