Chapter 38 - Niall Horan

"W-What do you mean?" I asked shakily.

Harry looked at me. "Exactly what I said."

"Then what was I supposed to do? Should I just have let Liam die back then?! You know I cannot do that! I love him!" I nearly yelled.

"I know," Harry whispered. "I know that the love between you two is strong enough to even move worlds."

"I really wish you would stop with all those riddles that no one understands anyway," I mumbled under my breath.

"I'm from a different time than you do. I even knew your grandfather. We loved riddles in my time," Harry replied with a smirk.

"Alright, alright. I get it. You love riddles," I said. "Let's go back do the previous topic."

"Can you save Liam?"

"No."

I looked at him in shock.

Harry smirked. "Don't worry," he said. "I only said that I can't save him. I did not say I don't know anyone who can save him."

"Do you?" I asked hopefully. "Know anyone who can save him?"

He nodded, the smirk leaving his face. "They have the power to save Liam. But I'm not certain if they are actually willing to help us. They are rather... reserved."

"Who are they anyway?" I asked, titling my head to the side.

"They are called The Guard. They are an ancient organization that existed since the old days," Harry whispered.

"The Guard? Never heard of them before." The Guard did not ring any bells with me. But as long as they could help Liam it would be fine.

A sigh left Harry's lips. "That honestly does not surprises me," he told me. He folded his arms in front of his chest and leaned against a tree. I looked at him, curious as to what he would say. If he would talk at all, that is. You never know for certain with the werewolf king.

"They used to be the advisors of Raphael, the first king of the werewolves. They were loyal to him and him alone," he finally said in a soft voice, after having looked in the distant for a while. "Until they betrayed him."

I perked up at that. But stayed silent. I knew that he would stop speaking if I said anything.

Silence is golden, my father always told me, when I was younger.

"They fled deep into the mountains and they weren't seen until then." Harry stopped talking and I knew he wasn't going to say much more.

"Are you sure they can save Liam?" I asked carefully. "They don't exactly sound like the nicest people."

"The Guard are not werewolves. No one knows to which species they belonged. I doubt Raphael knew," Harry said bitterly. "But it is known that they possess great powers. If someone would be capable of saving Liam, it would be them."