Chapter Four

Chapter 4

Walking to my class, holding a book in my arms, and the hood of my hoodie over my head– droplets of water started to softly pour. This is the worst.

After the party the other night, I was hangover. And Nicole, did not in fact come home that next day, and today. And I have classes at 7 in the morning– right now.

Running for the sake of my grades, the rain started pouring more. I'm fucked. The sidewalk is turning into a darker shade of gray due to the water. Me in legging and high-rise Converses, I am not in the mood to get my hair wet right now. Which probably is already.

"Ugh!" I exclaim, frustrated. On top of that, my books fall out of my hands.

Squatting down to grab my books, that are now soaked, how the fuck am I going to read? Watermarks all over the pages. A little more bad luck and I'm gonna cry.

I take my hood off, not caring if my hair gets wet anymore.

A shadow hoods over me, and shoes on the ground, near my books. This person is holding an umbrella. What the..

"Are you okay?" he leans down to help me, and brought out his hand.

This man. I've never seen him before. Brown fluffy hair. Sweatpants, a hoodie, and even in this clouded morning, his green eyes are still visible.

Looks like my day just got a lot better.

Standing up, my eyes still in awe. Maybe this is a little weird. I should start talking.

"I am, now." I smile– trying to be smooth. Trust me, I'm internally dying.

He chuckles. That deep voice of his. I bet my throat is dee- The fuck is going on with you Madisyn?!

"I haven't seen you here before? Are you a freshman?", The umbrella he's still holding over both our heads.

"No," He smiles. "My brother just moved to his dorm, I'm helping him. But if I were in college, I'd probably be a senior." He smiles, again. That dazzling smile. I nod at him, because that's all I can do as of now.

"Anyways– I saw you walking into the building, and you looked pretty frustrated. So.." He trails off.

I was frustrated. But thank you god for giving me this glory.

"Uhh– Yeah! My day has been pretty shitty, thanks for saving me– I would've sobbed right about now if it weren't for you." That's definitely true. I was in the midst of tearing up when he showed up.

And that's where I realize I'm going to be late for my class. Great.

"Shit." I say randomly, this gave him a worried look. "No! Not you!" I laugh. "I really hate to do this, and I'm having the best time chatting with you but– I'm sort of late for my class, and I'm not doing this to escape– trust me, I would love to stay-" I didn't know I was rambling and becoming defensive when he stopped me.

"It's alright," He chuckles. That damn chuckle. "I'm Nathaniel Anderson, Nate for short, and you are.." he trails off. Huh– that name is so familiar, I just don't know why or how.

"Madisyn Davis. Madi for short." I smile and take my hand out for him to shake.

"Nice to meet you–" He shakes my hand and soon drops it.  "I'm also gonna go now, my brother might throw a tantrum."

Suddenly the rain stops. This is an odd day.

Done with four of my classes, I put my laptop inside my bag, and walked straight to the cafe out the campus.

I wonder if Nicole is up for the storytime I had today. Even if my books are filled with watermarks instead of words, and I am definitely still bothered– Nate somehow made me feel better.

You know when you've been staying in the same school for almost the rest of your life until highschool and a new handsome boy transfers? That's what I felt when I saw Brayden. It was like feeling things you've never felt before. Genuine ones.

But then you never know when he'll notice you– because there are more prettier girls out there– like way better. I'm not saying something's going to happen between us, it's just how I felt when he held that umbrella out for me.

"Thank you" I say, taking my iced latte from the barista. I can't believe I'm even still thinking about my encounter a while ago.

Walking into my building, Nicole stands in the lobby, with an oversized hoodie and a messed up hair. This is bad.

Usually after she sleeps with someone, she's got this smile on her face saying that she'll rant everything that happened that night, or morning, literally any day– and it's very uncomfortable and frustrating because I do not want to talk about anyone else's sex life– because it is not my business, and its for the sake of my ears.

Walking towards her worried I ask.

"What happened?" I put both my hands on her cheeks to comfort her.

"His girlfriend busted through the door and kicked me the fuck out of his dorm naked! Well not naked– I had my underwear on– but my fucking tits were out in the blue." Well damn.

" Well damn