Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

Arriving back in New York, god, I can't wait to finally relax.

I never saw Grayson after the night he dropped me to my house. I also don't know if he's back here in New York, the odd part of me wishes he's here. What would we even say when we see each other? I have no idea how am I suppose to act or respond if he suddenly shows up. But, what happened isn't even that much of a big deal. We can go to gas stations with the guy we hate, right?

Nothing will change.

It's a monday— which means there's classes. Yey. Did I forget to say that I'm a Fashion & Design major. I realized at the end of high school— I genuinely enjoy fashion, I mean hello? Coming out with an outfit is probably my therapy. Besides listening to Taylor Swift and reading romance books, I do love the idea of showing your personality and life through clothes, dresses, bags— anything. I know I may not be able to have the perfect opinions when it comes to fashion, but it's a habit of mine to match and make shirts and pants that will go together.

Anyways, enough about that. I took my bag, my laptop, and went to the parking area. My car finally arrived, thank the lords because I don't think I can go on any longer to keep walking to another building and another. Plus— I hate asking for Nicole's car, when sometimes she needs it as well.

Getting in my car, I put my bag on the passenger seat and turned on the ignition of my grey Aston Martin DBX, the brown interior making it look sexier. God, I love my car— this is probably the only thing my mother and father made the right decision in all my years of living.

Playing my "Run Away With Me" playlist. I play this during car rides— it makes me feel better about going to my classes.

Tapping on my steering wheel, I took a drive thru at Starbucks, not as good as the coffee from Canada but I need coffee to survive the day.

Parking my car, I stepped out and grabbed my bag from the passenger seat and walked to my class. It's a nice day, today, besides the fact that it's kinda cold but it's nothing you can't handle when you're from Canada— it isn't really that bad.

Arriving at my class, it's the same shit, we have to work on measurements and other stuff you wouldn't be interested in. We ended after an hour, nothing really happened except people talking about the football game. Another full stadium of Columbia University. I heard they were playing against Brown University. I'm sure Nicole's gonna force me to come with her, and I'm gonna end up going to another sports game. I really don't mind, I need some relief after a hectic weekend. I'm not gonna lie, my mothers face is scarred in my mind. Always with disappointment, and my father's high hopes for me.

Walking back to my car, I see a guy leaning on my car. Oh fuck no. If anyone's going to be leaning on my baby, it's just me and only me.

I aggressively walked to my car to find Nate. Maybe I'll make an exception? With a face like that, god.

He stands straight seeing me. How'd he even know this was my car?

"What are you doing here, and why are you leaning on my car?" I said a little bit bitchy.

"That's my bad— I went here yesterday, and Nicole said you weren't there."

He went to see me?

"Uh yeah! I had to go home. My parents had some kind of event I needed to be in." I smile, scratching the back of my neck. I opened my car to put my stuff in the back seat, and went back to Nate.

"Why were you looking for me?" That sounds wrong, "I mean– did you need anything?" He chuckles. That charming smile.

"No, I um–" He chuckles nervously, "Maybe you wanna go have coffee?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

This 21 year old NHL star player is nervously stuttering to ask me out. Shut the fuck up, he's adorable. Ew (in a good way).

"Nathaniel Anderson, are you asking me out on a date?" I tease, softly shoving his shoulder.

"I- You know- I- It's-" I'm literally trying not to laugh. I have never been asked out before but this is so genuine and nerve racking for him I'm gonna burst.

"Nate." He stops, "Yes! I'll go out with you." And then I laugh. "You're cute when you're nervous." I wink. He rubs the back of his neck and puts his hand in his pockets. I open my car door, "So, Anderson?" my eyes landing on his, a huge grin on my face. "Where and when?" his eyebrows raised.

"I'll pick you up later at 8:00 if you're free?" his voice filled with hope. Maybe I'll mess with him a little.

"Sorry, I can't..." he sighs as his shoulders raise. "Oh." Got him!

"Kidding! Yeah, of course." I smile at him. He stands back as I enter my car and close my door. I open my window, "I hope you like stars." And then he left.

Huh. Stars.

All this time, I've never been genuinely asked out on a date. It would either be for sex or... yeah. Just that. If I were asked out "genuinely" it would be because of a bet. It's been too long since I allowed myself to feel. But at least I found myself– sort of. And who wouldn't say yes to a charming, well-mannered, good looking hockey player.

And I do think that finding happiness within yourself, is the only way to be truly free.\

A/N

hi angels! short chapter but next one's longer! anyways-- i know it isn't a big deal but, i have 60+ readers and i love every single one of you! thank you for giving me a chance at writing books. ❤️

 ❤️