Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14

Back in highschool, I attended Ontario High School and transferred during grade 5. But before that, there was this transfer student from New York– ironic isn't it?

I had this friend named Vivienne, she had a twin, but that's besides the point. During 3rd Grade, I never knew how this transfer student was until Vivienne told me about him and how she liked him. I was surprised because she barely liked anyone in our school. At one point, we were walking around the hallway, she started turning red and so I turned.

It was him, the transfer student. He was definitely as what Vivienne described him. He had dark hair, the cutest smile, he was tall for a 3rd grader, and he seemed like the coolest guy in school.

A part of me felt something. I know it was wrong because it was my best friend's crush but– don't we all have similar crushes to others? He just happened to be my best friend's infatuation.

A few weeks later, Vivienne got more close to him, they became friends in a way I wish I was to him. It sucked because she always have the personality and face every guy wanted. She had braids when I couldn't because my hair was too thick, and my mother didn't have enough time to do any of that.

Viv, had him. As his 'friend' she said. She told me that he was nothing else to her but a friend. So that made my infatuation grew more.

I was the odd one during middle school– I was nothing compared to who I am now.

Little Madi was shy, she had bangs, she was small, she was teased, and was never appreciated.

After 3rd Grade, I still had a crush on Lukas Echaverria. And it went on until 5th grade. Until I had to leave because my parents had business to do in Los Angeles for a year– it wasn't the best year.

I came back for highschool in Canada, obviously.

And then I saw him. Everything went back. Every feeling, every spark– it was still there.

He noticed me because I'd grown, my hair wasn't as frizzy, I became skinnier, I had boobs. But he noticed me in a different way. He noticed me as someone he recognizes because he's passed by me a couple of times. He knew my name, but not my last one, he knew me because I was friends with who he was best friends with– like Vivienne.

And I felt like an outsider.

I tried so hard. So, so hard for him to notice me in a way I want him to. I wanted him to like me. I looked desperate trying so fucking hard for his attention when he had his on someone else.

Until I met Zack and everything went downhill from there.

Now– I met someone who gave me what I've been wanting. The attention, care, to see me more than what I thought guys would only want me for.

Nathaniel was different from all those guys. I felt so appreciated when I was around him the other night. He didn't notice me because my best friend Nicole was pretty. He took me to a date where I felt like it was just me that mattered.

Getting ready for the football game that Nicole forced me in. I wore a blue racerback top and a high waisted jean shorts. Putting my hair up in a slicked back ponytail, I put my Air Force 1's one and grabbed my purse.

'I'm about to leave my dorm, I'll see you in the stadium.' I text Nicole.

We both agreed that we'll meet each other there because she had an errand to run before the game.

'Yup! See you there!' she texted back.

Starting up my car, I thought– why the actual fuck am I going to this game? Right, because my best friend told me to. Great. I really hope he doesn't see me.