Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

It's been an hour since Nate came by to ask me out. I'm in my bathroom shaving my legs and getting ready in my robe. I've already told Nicole, she's still has a shift at this Diner, she was so excited that she screeched over the phone. My ears are still recovering.

I go through my clothes and find my straight leg jeans, with this brown mesh button down top and a satin brown bralette under. I don't know where we're going, but I think my clothes' decent. Especially that it's night, I think it fits the evening.

My phone dings from the bed. Nate.

"Hey, I'm on my way." he texts.

"See you :)" I sent back.

Putting on my pair of white Prada shoes, and grabbed my brown shoulder bag. Sprayed my favorite perfume, I think I'm good to go.

I tied half my hair in a slicked back style, and a simple make up to top it all off.

I took the elevator and to the lobby of my building, I see the familiar black Range Rover as Nate stands by it. "Hi!" I greet him with a hug.

"You look great." he smiles.

"You don't look bad, yourself." I smile.

Nate opened the door for me before I sat on the leather seats of his car. He was wearing a white button down long sleeve, and jeans with what I think are black Nike Dunks. Well– this man's got style. His brown soft hair sitting perfectly on top of his head.

"Where are we heading?" I ask.

"You'll see." he glances at me as he smiles. I could almost swear he was blushing, why was he blushing? I chuckle.

After 25 minutes, we pull up at the 'Upstairs at the Kimberly' building. I remember because I've passed by here a few times. Nate went out of the car first and went to my side of the car to open my door.

We stood side by side as he led me to the door and entered the elevator, and then he brought out this blindfold. I sent him a questioning face, "Relax" he chuckles. "You better not murder me Anderson. I took Taekwondo classes back in pre-school." he laughs at this.

"I wouldn't want to mess with the knowledge of a 7 year old." he stood behind me to tie the blindfold, and held my hand to guide me out of the elevator.

I smelled the breeze of New York and the honks of the cabs, the busy streets of New York. And I knew immediately we were outside.

"Ready?" he asks softly near my ears. I nod.

Next thing I knew, this beautiful view of the Empire State building were right in front of us. I don't think I've ever seen New York be this beautiful– I've never appreciated it until now. The brightness of the starts landing above us. The cold air but not that cold. It's perfect.

"Wow." I say in a low voice. I didn't know I was holding his hand until he squeezed my hand three times. I looked over at him, adoring every second.

"How- how'd you do this?" I stutter in awe.

"Doesn't matter." he shrugs. "You like it?" He kept a hold of my hand as we slowly walked forward. "It's fucking gorgeous, Nathaniel." The fairy lights hung above us. Carpets on the floor, a candle lit on the coffee table with two seat cushions on each side. A champagne and two flutes on the table. This is so– I have no words.

Before I could even think, I jumped into his arms, an "oof" coming out of him. My arms wrapped around his neck. "Thank you." I told him softly. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I pulled apart slowly, our eyes looking through each thought we have.