Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter 26 (this is a double update!)

I was walking around the campus to clear my head.

That was the very first time I saw Nate's eyes on me with disappointment and I've never felt so bad about myself.

I wasn't able to explain myself. My side.

He just assumed that I did something with Grayson. It's not even that, it's the fact that he didn't trust me.

I mean- what was I suppose to do drunk in a bar and left behind by Nicole? Did he rather want me to drive under the influence and sleep in my car?

Nate was mad at me because someone took care of me and it wasn't him? Maybe it's just me but it feels selfish.

"You're the one who's making me feel like this, you gave me a reason to feel like this." After those words left his mouth, I didn't know how to act. Those words felt like a knife to my chest.

I gave him a reason to feel like that?

If he gave me a second, a minute- to explain, then he would know my side. But no, he left me, strode out the door.

I like him. A lot.

I hate that I need to reassure Nathaniel.

It's been three days, and we haven't talked since, I don't know if I can, but I should- I know I should. Eventually we have to.

It's 10 at night, and my head is a mess. I have so many questions I ask myself.

How's he doing? Is he okay? Has he been thinking about me? Will he forgive me? If he does, will everything change? Are we going to be serious?

So many questions that I don't have the answer to.

Here I am, walking alone at night, the moon shining above me, and the stars sparkling around the dark sky.

I sat down on the grass, looking up.

Sitting here, on my usual spot, where I usually watch the sunset, as cliche as it sounds- it takes my problems away.

Some of them.

But, watching the calmness around me, it affects me too.

I pulled my legs up to my chest, and wrapped my arms.

Every worry I thought about- gone. At this very moment, I felt better. I definitely should've brought my books and some music, that would be such a dream.

I heard a car rev near me, then the ignition turned off.

"Why're you here, alone, at night?"

Grayson.

He couldn't just let me have this one thing. Calmness.

"Go back to your car, and leave me alone." I spat. But nope, I heard his footsteps grow closer until he sat beside me. Pulled his knees up and rested his elbows.

"Grayson, I really don't wanna argue and deal with your assholeness right now." I said softly, but I knew that he would know what I felt at that moment- I was annoyed.

I turned my eyes to meet his but as soon as it does, his right eye was purple, his eyebrows were cut, and the blood seemed new.

My eyebrows furrowed. Suddenly worry overcomes myself as he looked away and back up the sky.

"What happened?" I was still staring at him.

He exhaled, "None of your business, Davis." he said so coldly. "You look like shit too."