Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter 23 (Surprise POV!)

Grayson's POV

There's no doubt that my family has money and wealth. It was all because of my grandparents and great great grandparents– some people may know it as old money. But it isn't just 'old money' that got my family where we are. In my parent's generation they built as many business company as they can, invest on many properties for the future generation.

So yes– being in football gave me a name, and also have a bad reputation. But hey– it's the money that counts in my life. In Columbia University, a college student and a star QB having multiple draft offers on my feet, I have it all.

I was the golden boy of Canada. My parents would grab my arm to bring me with them to show my sweet sweet smile to the investors and business partners, lawyers, other politicians besides my parents. It would always work every time– I don't do the work but I help do the work.

So since middle school my reputation's always been above everyone else's. But ever since I entered high school, the moment I realized I was able to just sasy 'hey' and smirk at girls they would immediately be on my bed? There's no bullshit that my ego grew out of my ass.

I had the mentality no one could beat me out of. I knew I was the best, I knew that I would be successful. So I worked hard to enter football and became Quarterback of every team I came into.

I have the life anyone could possibly want. Girls? Done, multi-millionaire without doing shit? Done, finally having my very own business, aka– a bar? Done.

Last thing I want now is my parents supporting my needs and wants, all the money I used to build the bar I want is all from me, and I'm gonna beat the shit out of anyone who tells me otherwise and that it's all from 'mommy' and 'daddys' money.

And then I bumped into her.

Madisyn fucking Davis.

I never knew who she really was when I slept with her, I just thought that she was the first girl I laid my eyes on that made my hands swamp.

And yet she has the ability to make my blood boil and frustrate the shit out of me– I return the pleasure of course. I piss her off, I make her blood boil, and she shouts at me. I'd rather that than her not talk to me at all.

She was the person that described me as an "asshole", "rude", "ego maniac" and many more you don't wanna hear– she never runs out of nicknames to call me, it's hilarious. It's like she's got a whole dictionary full of judging words to use on me.

I saw myself in her. She had everything, money, wealth, rich parents, and in an Ivy league school. She was fucking gorgeous as well– just not her personality.

I've seen her every once in a while during Charity parties, with her parents and all, she always looked like she never wanted to be there.

When I went to Canada for her parents' Charity Event, I wasn't expecting her there. She always focused herself with parties in New York or reading Romantic books under her nose, watching sunsets, admiring the stars. I knew she preferred that than entertaining rich and rude old people. I understood her– she didn't know that though.

I was drinking champagne in that room full of old wealthy people when she entered the room. That black leather dress fitting her body, she looked like the antagonist of my story.

Her eyes caught mine and her demeanor changed, of course she didn't wanna see me there– And I was glad I came. The rest is history. I drove her to a gas station for that coffee she wanted, next thing I knew– I was being protective over her. It's fucking weird.