Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17

I can't believe he sent me coffee, I mean hello? Nathaniel sent me coffee while he's in another part of this world to play a hockey game. The effort he did just to send me and Advil and coffee? This man is the sweetest, most gentlest guy ever.

I don't think you understand how everything this man is doing is making me feel things I haven't in the longest time. I've wished to a thousand stars for things like this to happen, even if it took since middle school, even if it took 2 heartbreaks for this. It may be so dramatic, but just the bare minimum is making my heart feel so many things.

It's the bare minimum and here I am smiling like a lovesick child.

I appreciate every genuine shit I receive, it's how I usually get my heart broken and lose my mental health– but hey, you only live once.

Arriving my dorn, I took a shower and watched Netflix. "A Cinderella Story" my favorite all time RomCom movie, besides "The Proposal", it's my comfort movie.

It's nearly 8 in the evening and my phone started vibrating.

"Hello?" I answered– It was Nate.

"We won!" He said so full of joy, his voice exhausted but happy.

I laughed, "Congratulations Nate!" I sat up.

I can nearly visualize that dazzling smile on his face, his hair all sweaty with his hockey suit on. I wish I could've been there to see him.

He was laughing through the phone, I could hear the rest of his teammates cheering. Was I the first person he called?

"I can't wait to see you." His voice dialed down, he was serious.

"Me too." I paused, "I wish I were there to see you guys win."

And then our call ended.

Suddenly I've thought– what would he think about me accidentally sleeping with Grayson, I slept on his bed not with him. But still. Should I even tell him? I don't think I should– but that would be me lying, why does he need to know it's not like we're together.

I groaned and stood up from my bed to go make iced coffee. I added almond milk and brewed coffee.

As I was sipping my iced coffee, Nicole comes out of her room and sat at our couch.

She faced to look at me, "You have to tell me what happened to you last night."

"There's nothing to talk about." I walked towards the couch and sat at the other end.

"Of course there is! I was looking for you the whole night to find out you stayed in the football house! I mean how? Where did you even sleep? The couch? Did you sleep with anyone? What happened!"

I put my drink down on the coffee table and sighed before I talked.

"Okay, maybe something did happen, but it's not what you think." I cleared out.

Her face was waiting for me to continue. Oh god, what will she think.

"I slept in Grayson's room" Her eyes widened and her mouth dropped with a gasp.

"Holy fucking shit! You fucked him?!" She said so loud that the other students might hear.

"No! I did not sleep with him again. I remember drinking too many shots of tequila and dancing? And then–" I led off. "Then what!" Nicole exclaims.

"And then I think I thought that the football house was our house back in Canada, and I opened Grayson's room thinking it was mine." That doesn't sound good, it sounds weird.

"Shit."

"Yeah."

"What else?"

"Grayson told me my eyes were closed entering his room, when I started undressing my top off, not my shorts though– thank god." Nicoles eyes were so wide that her eyeballs would pop out. "I woke up with a huge hangover, me and Grayson ended up shouting at each other,"

"I mean, what's new?" She says.

"Yup, then I left, slammed the door at his face, and then before I went for a run, there was this Iced Coffee down at the lobby and an Advil, Nate was really thoughtful." I smiled.

Nicole looked confused. "Back up– why'd you slam the door at his face? And Nate gave you an Iced Coffee and an Advil?" She blew out.

"Grayson just said something and he was a usual asshole, but yeah, Nate sent me an Iced Coffee." I chuckled. "Thanks for telling him I got shitfaced at some college party."

"I was worried and I thought he would know where you were, so I told him." She smiled apologizing.

After that talk, I went inside my bedroom and sat on my desk chair to finish my work when Nate started calling. I guess he wasn't busy at all– I thought after victory games, there would be some kind of celebration for the team. It would definitely make sense if he didn't wanna party.

"Hi." He said, sighing. He seemed really tired to even talk, but he gave time for me.

"Hi, you sound tired. Are you sure you don't wanna rest?" What am I doing saying all of this. Jesus Madisyn, you're not his girlfriend you don't get to say anything about what he would prefer to do.

"I'll rest later. How are you?"

"I'm good, you?" This is so awkward for two people who've kissed.

"Great," he chuckled, "Won another game."

"I'm happy for you guys." I chuckled back, "Thanks for the Iced Coffee and the Advil you sent, my head's feeling a lot better. How'd you even know my exact order?" I heard shuffling on the other end.

"I'm glad your head's feeling better but– I don't recall sending someone, or you, coffee and an advil."

If he didn't send the coffee with my exact order– who did?