Chapter Seven

Chapter 7

I am so exhausted. I wasn't able to sleep at all last night– I pulled an all nighter finishing my presentation for English that's due tomorrow. I had to print documents for Social Literature, and more requirements for other subjects.

But, I did get up to an iced latte and Nicole saying sorry for being like a "bitch" to me the other night. Per usual, I accepted.

Finishing this class and closing up my Macbook, I put on my bag and walked to the hallway outside of campus. Usually at this hour, where the sun is beginning to set– I sit on the grass and listen to music.

So that's what I did. I put down my bag on the grass, and sat beside it, putting my airpods on as I listened to Taylor Swift and opened my new book. And since I forgot my contacts because I obviously lack sleep, and I'm too lazy to accidentally poke my eye with two of my fingers.

The sky was slowly turning orange, and the sun was facing my direction. I love seeing the sun set, it's the most beautiful thing I adore about nature. I romanticize it so much– the clouds, and the skies turning into different colors. Pink and orange are my favorite, it would give me comfort, and after these colors leave, we're left with a sky full of stars, if not the stars, the moon.

It's like, if you have your favorite person at the other side of the country, they see the same stars and moon you see. That's how much I appreciate the sky.

"Nice glasses, Davis."

I look up to see Grayson, standing beside me, his head leaning down with a smirk on his face. Oh how I wish I could slice that smirk off of him.

I inhale, and exhale before talking back.

"What do you want, Richards?" I say under my breath.

Pulling up his pants first before sitting down next to me, he leans on his back, putting his elbows on the ground to hold him up.

"Look asshole, I just want to enjoy the book I'm reading and listen to great music– so, do you mind?" I narrow my eyes at him, as he narrows his back.

His eyes suddenly glistening with the sun hitting his face.

"You don't always have to be a bitch you know?" He says with a low voice.

"You should use that advice as well." I smile at him. He laughs, without humor.

The tattoos on his arms, I can see so clearly being this close to him. I heard tattoos would always have meanings behind them– I wonder what his are. Not a single color on his arm. It's all just– black ink.

Just as dark as his personality. Even if he tends to be this annoying and a dick around me, he's a bitch around everyone else, he is too– around me.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer, Davis." My eyes immediately returning to the sky in front of us.

Heat traveling up my cheeks as I clear my throat, I push my glasses up. Hearing him chuckle made my cheeks heat up more. Fuck. This is great, he caught me looking at his arms like its an art from a museum.

"What's with you with the black aesthetic? Are you that broken?"

"What's with you with the romance books? Do you lack that much affection?" He mocks me. Bland. Plainness seeking through his voice.

He sits up as I put my book back inside my bag. The sun not visible anymore, how did I not notice the darkness around us?

I stand up grabbing my bag and my book, putting my hair behind my ears.