Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

Waking up with a text from my mother saying I have to be home tonight for an important Charity Event. Seriously, when will they stop letting people use them for money? They always have to put the big label on our name and make sure it lasts.

I hate going home. One of the reasons is because I become the talk of the town, the media's on my face asking me about these random questions like where do I study, and soon, they found out. I like to keep my privacy, and I have that only when I'm here– in New York.

But I have to come home, rather than experiencing another paragraph of my mom being "disappointed" at me, that it was the smallest thing they could ask for and I didn't do it.

Everything is always on me. I have to dress nice, and for the record, I have the best style. But mother usually prefer the 'office professional' look. The white sleeves and a skirt above my knees. It's not my typical style, at all.

I'm coming home for a fucking boring ass Charity Event– the least my parents could do is criticize my outfit. I have great taste.

So at 6 in the morning, I'm packing however much clothes I have. My parents already their private jet to come pick me up. They didn't want to cause trouble with the media being in the airport.

As I put another dress in my suitcase, my phone rings. Speaking of the devil.

"Hey mom." I roll my eyes, thank god she chose audio call.

"Hi dear, have you packed your suitcase?" Here she is with her polite talk, trust me, she's stressing on the other end of the line.

Why's she even awake this early?

"I'm actually about to close it up," Nope, barely. "Why're you calling this early?"

"I just needed to make sure that you're getting ready and not sleeping in." She chuckles nervously, god, she already sounds pissed. For what?

"I'm awake aren't I?" I say sarcasm in my voice. She hates my sarcasm because she doesn't have humor.

"Alright, I'll leave you to it." Just as I was about to end the call she had more words to say, "Please pack nice clothes, I don't want you looking like a hooker from New York." and then, she ends the call.

What a mother, am I right? Ha!

Arriving at the private airport. I had my hoodie on, sweatpants, with slides and glasses. No, I don't think my mom will be impressed with my outfit. But I'm just going to my house, and definitely resting the jetlag I'll have soon.

"Miss Davis?" The flight attendant meets me by the stairs, taking two of my Louis Vuitton suitcases. If I'm being honest, I would just use my regular suitcases, but my mom will always have to say something, and I'm trying not to hear any of her wrath.

Sitting down on the seats, now in the air, I put my Airpods on and listen to my Spotify playlists.

It's just gonna be a fast flight, and hour and 25 minutes isn't that bad.

I just scrolled through Instagram and already see some news about my parents' Charity Event. Who are they donating to now? They've donated to nearly all of Toronto.

"Miss Davis? Would you want anything to drink or eat?" The flight attendant asks politely.

"If you have a Caesar Salad, I'd love that, and maybe some water?" She nods, "Thank you!" I smile back at her before she left.

Putting down my phone, I look over the sunrise to the window next to me. The clouds so beautiful. I could stay up here forever and not experience another controlling parent.