Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter 35

On the way to the stadium with Aiden driving, I almost felt at peace-- which is odd.

Odd because after everything that happened today, I somehow found comfort with Grayson in my mind, that I'm not delusional because I really hope I'm in his.

I've always hated feeling or being vulnerable, I guess I've said that quite a lot of times haven't I? But it's the only reason why I despised showing my feelings to others because I believed you won't go anywhere if you cry and let people pity you. It's sad that's the way my mind worked, but it's the only path I grew in and saw myself following.

It was never mentally easy for me to recover from this. 

My parents didn't do a great job helping me either, and neither did my ED.

I also don't like talking about my relationship with food, it didn't help me grow mentally and obviously, physically.

But I don't wanna bore you with the sad shit I went through, though I want to trauma dump all day long, I have somewhere to be in.

"You okay?" Aiden cut me out of my trance. I nod in response, "Yea, why wouldn't I be?" I chuckle.

He shrugs his shoulders "I don't know", eyes on the road and said, "I don't mean to be nosy but, you and Gray are good right?"

I furrow my eyebrows a bit before he talked again.

 "I may not know you very well, but ever since you entered Gray's life-- we don't see him around the field with a cloud over his head." I raised my eyebrows in confusion. 

"Yea sure he does." I replied in sarcasm with a chuckle.

"I'm being deadass Madi! He's better now that you're around him. And when you're not, he's like lost kid." He chuckles at that, teasing their QB. "I'm just asking if you're okay because you look so out of trance there." I smiled

There was just no way Grayson's aura would change.

I never knew I've grown that much of an impact to Grayson, to the point that even his teammates notice it. I never thought Grayson would be the type of person who's capable of being affected just by one person. 

"I'm glad he's being less of a dick to you guys." I snickered as we pulled up to the stadium and parked.

We stepped out of the car and entered the stadium.

As we were walking through the hallway, getting near the field, me and Aiden couldn't help but look at each other as soon as we heard Grayson shouting.

"Run faster! What the fuck are you guys? A bunch of pussies?"

I guess I really have to get there huh?

Walking to the entrance of the field, all eyes on us, I could see Nick, Gray's best friend running out of breath, and the rest of the team with their shirts off and cheeks red. They look like they ran a marathon and haven't drank water for a month. 

I saw Grayson standing in the middle of the field, black shorts and a tight dri-fit shirt on. I could definitely see his back muscles. His back was facing me, but he followed his teammates eyes and landed on me.

He was not in a good mood today, his eyebrows were furrowed, cheekbones turning a darker shade of red from Nate's punch. His eyes landed on mine, softening as soon as he saw me. He just stood there with no clue and a dark demeanor, he looked intimidating but hot at the same time. He looked fucking sexy.

Aiden, "You can stare later, but for now, go talk to him" he whispered as he walked past me and waved to Gray, "Hey QB! What about a timeout from the torturing huh?" Aiden teased, his hand landing on Graysons shoulder.