Chapter Five

Chapter 5

Believe or not– this is Nicole's first encounter of getting caught. She's hooked-up with guys who had girlfriends, but she never knew until the next day or two days after. I keep warning her to be careful, and choose the guys that are decent– but hey, are there even one?

I'd be surprised if she finds someone who genuinely cares for her. She's been through enough to go through shitless loads of men. Men who just cares about having great sex.

Sitting down on my chair, Nicole ranted to me about how she's never going to end up with a great man. She's gonna end up always being used for her body– and I told her, if she keeps letting men do that, then it'll happen.

She deserves better.

I know she's gonna come to her senses someday.

Standing up from my chair, I decide to go down and get another cup of caramel latte. This day has been through so many events.

Honestly– why do guys think they could easily get what they want with just a little wink and flirtations. It worked on me once, but not the same way. It was more of– 'I was horny and I was done with being the perfect child with perfect grades and academics'.

It didn't end well for me. Now I have to always argue with a guy whose ego is as big as mine– and we don't give up until the other one gets humbled.

I broke down but also came undone– not exactly a win win. But I did this to myself, there's no one else to blame, because I let him. It's all a whole ass rollercoaster kind of rush. That's why we get too carried away at the wrong time.

Entering the cafe shop– speaking of the devil.

Grayson Richards.

He's sitting down on a leather chair with a drink on his coffee table. His hoodie on, the sleeves up until his elbow, showing his tattooed arm. Manspreaded on the chair with his phone on his hand. His raven black hair is sitting perfectly.

I swear to god. Why does this man have to show up in times where I don't want him showing up.

Going up to the counter, I order my drink and sit go to sit down until–

"Hey Davis. Fancy seeing you here." He gives me one of his smirks. I'm almost convinced, annoying me is part of his schedule, he can't survive without bothering me.

I sit down, trying to be calm. I am really not in the mood to deal with an asshole right now.

"What do you want, Grayson?" I say, my voice annoyed.

Without another move, he sits down on the chair facing me. His drink of his hand, and his other hand in his pocket– letting it out as he sits down, his elbows resting on his knees.

It's frustrating how attractive he is.

"Shitty day?" his eyes focusing on mine. Why does it make me feel– I don't know... distracted? Better in a way. God, please no.

"Even shittier now that you're here" I smile sarcastically. "So if you don't mind, I'd love to not deal with a dick."

Opening up my book, instead of him leaving– what I said seemed to let him stay more. Jesus Christ.

"Mmm– I think I feel like staying for a while Belle." The fuck? Is he that much of an asshole to not remember a girl's name?

"It's Madisyn– how much of a dumbass are you?"

"I know, baby" His voice low and raspy, "Belle as in Beauty in the Beast– you know, the girl with the book?" He smiles.

"So that makes you the beast?" I smirk, proud of what I said. Until my dumbass got humbled.

"Your beast." He winks, picking up his drink and sipped. This fucker is smooth– not really. God, I hate that I find it so hard to hate him. But I do. I do hate him, the idea of him, his features and every aspect of his, Ugh! Asshole-ness. You know how frustrating this man gets? I could be the beast for all I know whenever I'm with him.

"You're not funny."

"Oh but I am, Mads." That fucking nickname. Isn't it easy to add an "i" at the end?

"What do you want? I just want to read my book, why can't you just leave me alone, huh Gray?"

Just when he was about to answer back, someone called my name. A very familiar voice.

"Madi!" Nate. He didn't leave yet?

He came up to me, well– us. Thank god, always the savior. I stand up, our eyes meeting. Maybe this will give Grayson a clue, and leave me alone.

"You're still here?" I gave him a quick hug, his hand resting on the small of my back. Grayson suddenly stands up straight, both hands in his pocket. His face stoic, and his eyes narrowed at Nate. His demeanor changing, from being annoying, to being the usual cold-hearted look he always wears.

"Yeah– we were just about to leave, but I saw the cafe and I sort of needed a coffee after helping my brother for 8 whole hours." He chuckles

Looks like Nate noticed him, quite quickly. He gave out his hand for Gray to shake, and he unwelcomely did.

"I'm Nathaniel, Nate for short." he says, giving a soft smile.

"Grayson Richards." Looks over to me, and back at Nathaniel, and then- "Just Grayson." He gives the smallest smile possible. His black hoodie matching his personality.

What's with him?

"Columbia University's Quarterback. Of course." Nate tries to match Grayson's demeanor, his height, and the serious look. Trust me– if you'd be able to do that, I would be very surprised.

Fortunately, I think I could?

"New Jersey Devils' Hockey Player. Of course." Grayson nods.

Hockey? New Jersey Devils? What the fuck.

Also— he watched hockey?