Chapter Thirty

Chapter 30

Game day.

Yup, it's another football game day where the whole university comes to support our team. My life is so stubborn.

I talked to Nathaniel two days ago, and he hasn't texted nor visited me to talk, which concerns me because what if he never wants to talk after what I told him.

I wonder what happens if we finally talk.

Will he cut things off with me? Or is he gonna be willing to give us another chance?

Although I do have a slight problem— I'm not even sure if I'm willing to 'us' another chance. I got so used to being alone that it was okay for me to be alone for the next minute more.

As I got ready for tonight's game, Nicole barges into my room.

"Madisyn!" She says like she just ran up and down the stairs for hours. "What?" I yell back.

She sits on my bed while I look at her through my mirror. "Something's up with Grayson and you huh?" she assumes. How the hell does she know? What do I say? Do I lie? But what if she's got proo-

"I knew it!" she exclaims, I gave her a confused look before she adds, "Don't even think for a second to lie! I saw the way you stuttered, and Madisyn Davis never stutters unless if she's lying or hiding something." she winks. Do I?

"I did not stutter." I stand straight as I look back to face her. "And I say otherwise." she confidently says as she smirks, "Now go on— tell me all about it. I know something happened while I was gone here last week. How? I have no idea, but the way you were thinking when I said his name, I saw something.."

"No you didn't. And nothing happened." I say as I put my chunky gold hoops. She stand on my bed and stood right in front of me, she's eyeing me now.

"You had sex with him." my eyebrows raises as did hers. And that just gave everything away as she gasps and smirks. "It's a one time thing! I swear-" I sound so defensive. God.

"Sure Madi!" she teases, "But what about Nate? Did you guys break it or?"

"It's complicated."

I told her every detail I could possibly give. The argument and the fact that we have't talked in two days. Nicole was in utter confusion and even asked me who I was gonna choose, when I don't even know if they both want me.

We finished talking and dressed up. I wore a high waisted biker shorts, and a white Columbia Lions shirt that I managed to make a top. I wore some necklaces and put my hair into a slicked ponytail and chose my blue dunks.

I think I was ready. It was a home game so it's definitely gonna be a loud crowd tonight.

I was ready, but I am not prepared to see Grayson Richards playing on the field. I know most girls in our university is attending the game to see him in action.

I took my purse and we were on our way to the field and let me tell you, as soon as I arrived the place— it was filled with college girls with mini white skirts, nearly showing their ass cheeks.

I do wonder if Grayson's nervous. If anyone tells him that he's gonna win the game and it they lose it's okay. I wonder if someone talks to him before the game starts, does he have anyone or does he just puts his game face on?

Is he expecting me to be sitting on the benches?

"How're you feeling?" Nicole says as she walks beside me. "I'm good, why wouldn't I be?" I try to sound convincing.

Grayson Richards does not have an effect on me. Not once, not ever.

We enter the packed stadium and sit on the 4th row. The field looks so close to us, "What if we go on the last row?" I suggest, "You're joking?" Nicole replies, "There's so much people in the last row." And then she raises her eyebrows, "Ahh— don't worry babe, I don't think he'll even notice if he doesn't care about you." she winks at me.