Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter 29

This is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Entering college I thought that it would be the better story and better half of my life. Considering that my childhood wasn't that great, I thought that every problem that happens in my life was because of Canada and I had to leave.

Now that I'm here in New York, I earned not one but two problems I have to think of. It's not a problem, more of a— consequence of my actions.

And obviously, we have to own up to it.

Nate texted me and told me to meet him after his game, I'm guessing it's about our little argument and god knows what else that went through his mind.

So here I am, getting ready to meet him. I never expected myself to feel nervous about what a guy would say, especially if it's something about relationships. I hate doing those, being a victim or being the cause of what's happening because that's what I feel right now.

I know what I'm wrong for, I know why Nate acted the way he did. I get how he felt, and I'm not invalidating his feelings, I'm just too fucking scared.

And I hate being scared. I hate being vulnerable it makes me feel weak, and I hate feeling weak. Shit.

After I got ready, I left my dorm and went to my car.

These past few weeks have been nothing but stress. There's Grayson messing with my head and Nate who I should owe my all to.

Arriving to his apartment building, I stepped out of my car as the valet took over. I walked in the lobby, and thank god there wasn't that many people or I would have been dying with my tank top and leggings. I figured to dress simple since that's what Nate said.

Once I come near the receptionist, she immediately recognized me. "Miss Madisyn Davis?" she says in an Australian accent. I nod my head and she tells me that Nate's been waiting for me as I enter the elevator.

Here we go, what the actual hell am I gonna tell him? What questions will he come up with, what topic, what assumptions? I'm screwed because this was definitely not my plan when I thought about living in New York.

Leaving my stress, my family, everything that made me hate my life. Now here I am, history repeating itself, except with a different reason.

I step out of the elevator as I arrive the floor Nathaniel's in. It's a really beautiful hallway, and the building too. I wouldn't be surprised he could afford this all by himself, I mean-- the guy's an NHL player for god's sakes.

I walk until I've reached his door, 127A.

I rang the doorbell and it opened after a few seconds. There he was, with sweatpants and shirtless. What the hell is going on! My femininity is leaving my body every time I see these athletes topless, but no. I have to keep my composure. I am a strong independent woman who doesn't give a fuck about any hockey and football player. No. Absolutely not.

My eyes roamed his toned body until it reached his brown eyes. He's still the same, smells amazing and still has the softest looking face.

"Hey" he says as he moves out of the doorway to let me in. "Hi." I respond.

His apartment looked nice. Simple, a huge tv. Screaming what a guy's apartment would look like.

He led me to the couch facing the tv. I sat as he put on his shirt.

Damn, I preferred him without it but I guess it'll do to make me focus on whatever's about to come up.

He soon sat down facing me, I looked so clueless and didn't know what was going on because I obviously didn't.