Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter 38 (DOUBLE UPDATE!)
warning: sexual content ahead *wink wink*

I drove until I saw the familiar Exal's name. I'm sure he's here— because first off, it's a Saturday— he doesn't have trainings on Saturdays, not unless if there's a big game coming up, which will happen next month. But for now, I know he's in there.

Second off, I just know he's there.

But I couldn't help wonder if Nate would be okay. It's dumb but even if it doesn't make sense, at one point, he made me feel better than how I usually felt most of the time— alone. And I care, I still do. Even if it's just the slightest bit.

I know that someday, someone will appreciate him more than I showed him.

I don't think I ever really felt heartbroken about us falling apart, it didn't really hurt when suddenly we weren't so together anymore.

But maybe that's only because I wasn't feeling anything at all— the kind of feeling where there's multiple reasons why you should never be attached but one person is the only exception.

And you would have no idea how that's even possible.

"Fuck me." I sigh at myself as I turned off my  cars ignition.

I stepped out of my car, putting the sling of my purse on my shoulder as I made sure my car was locked.

Walking to Exal's, so much people were in the bar. I could hear how loud it was from the outside.

The bouncer in front, his arms crossed before he asked, "ID?" his voice intimidating.

"I know the owner— just let me in before you lose your job, please?" I said. I know that was a little bitchy but I've had a long night, cut me some slack.

"Right. I'm sure you do. Just show your ID." He asked again. I really wish I invested money to a fake ID.

I was about to open my mouth and bitch at him but the door opened behind, letting Aiden out, "Chris, pal!" Aiden's hand landing on Chris' shoulder, "let her through." of course Chris followed.

Going inside the bar, standing by the entrance, music filled the room, and people chattering.

Aiden bumped my shoulder, "He's upstairs."

I winked at him before I made my way through the crowd and finally saw the stairs leading to the second floor.

Down the hallway, there was a double door, which I'm assuming is where Grayson's office is.

I knocked before I began to open one of the doors, I saw him with his MacBook on his desk, wearing a black shirt with a small Burberry logo on his chest, and black pants. His hair was messy the lights were dim on his desk.

He didn't look up as he said, "Aiden, how many times do I have to tell you to leave me the fuck alon-"

"I guess I should go then?" I cut him off, making him look up to me.

"Madisyn?" He asked as I closed the door behind me and made sure to lock it.

I saw the bottle of whiskeys and tequila in his mini bar and went straight there. I took one shot glass on the glass shelves and poured me a shot of tequila.

"What are you doing here?" He said, standing up from his chair. His hands were in his pockets, walking up to me.

I downed the shot of tequila, immediately giving me a burning sensation in my throat. Dropping the glass on the counter, I looked at him. Jesus christ, he looked like a god.

His tattoos on his arm looked so good on him.

His eyebrows were slightly furrowed, the arrogance and dark features suiting him so well. Grayson Richards  looked so good in front of me.