Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N — I know it's been the longgest time! I missed writing so here I am.

I was supposed to feel guilty about what happened. My heart was pounding, my eyes we're pouring, and I felt utterly confused.

Ever since the last time, I hated him. He was a god awful guy, the way he treated life like it was handed to him so gracefully, and he would take it because that's how it works in his head.

Everything was always interesting in his life. Girls, parties, football, NFL.

Those are the only things that mattered to him— so why do I feel like I should be included?

It's so wrong. It's always the goddamn bare minimum that makes me wanna change my mind about a guy, it degrades me and my standards. Yet here I am with the small amount of hope for the guy that makes my blood boil.

The sunlight sneaks through the blinds and fall on my eyes. Slowly, I open my eyes and looked around my room, everything was there— clothes on the floor instead of it worn on me. The blanket draped on my body.

Everything was there and what made up last night. But he wasn't there. Where was he?

I slowly moved but soreness striked throughout my lower body, I think we all know where. I don't even think I'll be able to walk— fuck.

As I sit up, my hands staying on the blanket covering my chest, I grab my phone from the night stand to see that it was 7 in the morning and- oh shit.

Nicole.

I stand up immediately, and groan when I felt the ache.

"The fuck did he do to me, damn." I told myself.

I wrapped the blanket around me and stepped out side my room to see Grayson shirtless in the kitchen, making coffee?

He looked soo... unbelievably beautiful. His hair is messed up, but the tattoos on his body speaks volumes on why women want him.

He turned to face me with a mug in his hand.

"You're awake." he says, surprised.

"And you're still here."

He didn't utter anything else and just nodded. I sat on one of the stools facing him from across the counter. And then out of no where, when I thought the coffee he made was for him, he handed it to me.

"You'll need it." he winks.

Yup, the cocky Gray is still there. It made me chuckle a little which made him smirk.

I drank the coffee and kept my eyes on his. Then suddenly there was no more smirking, no winking, no more cocky Grayson.

His eyes told me something I couldn't quite understand.

I put down the mug as he ran his fingers through his hair. God, how I vividly remember the way I did that last night. I swallowed, my eyes landing on his again, it's as if I couldn't read a thing in his eyes and blocking me, yet he can.

He completely ignored everything when he says, "Maybe I should go." he points his thumb to his left shoulder. I didn't know what to say, I didn't feel like letting him go.

But last night meant nothing. It was a mistake.

Right?

I could feel him burning a hole on my face. His eyes fixated on me. He knew what I was thinking of, and I hated the fact that he knew. He shouldn't be reading so easily, how?