Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter 39

Two weeks ago when me and Grayson said we have fallen for each other. Two weeks ago I realized I can love someone.

Grayson's parents invited me to have dinner, I have no idea how they knew about us but why not right?

I'm so fucking nervous. Our flight's later tonight, the private jet is ready and prepared.

If someone had told me last year that I would be packing to meet Grayson Richards' parents, I would've pushed you off a bridge.

My life has turned upside down.

Where do I even begin to start out my story and how I felt about Grayson Richards the minute I saw him? He was aggravating, annoying, so fucking cocky it was ridiculous.

The quarterback of Columbia University. This whole college life was supposed to be different— I was meant to focus on school, on proving my parents that I was so much more than a "nepo" baby, or a girl with "daddy's money". I proved that— I think?

Not until he came into my life and twisted the climax of my story.

Who would've known that I— Madison Davis, who hates men, had a well-thought plan, only prioritized myself, would end up planning a flight to meet the Richards. The Richards whom my parents would not approve of.

My mother would absolutely go ballistic if she found out I could schedule a flight to Canada for strangers I barely know, but not for them.

Life's funny.

-

I just finished packing for what felt like a day. My back hurt like crazy from sitting on the floor, so I decided to lay on the couch.

Grayson hasn't called but he did text me like 2 hours ago that he was finishing up practice. I didn't really mind.

Here I am on the couch, the sun setting.

What if I just took a nap for 5 minutes and rested my eyes?

I grabbed the throw blanket laying on my feet and positioned myself into a comfortable spot. So much more comfortable you'd think I was on my bed.

I was slowly drifting to sleep when I hear the door click open, and shut close— it was probably Nicole so I let it be.

I thought it was her until I smelled the familiar woody strong scent, slowly getting nearer. I can feel the heat of his body above me— his eyes burning through my face. His stare.

"Mads, I know your awake." The low grumble of his voice talks.

I give it a few seconds before I tease him with a response, "No, I'm not" I smile.

"Yeah?" He teases with a low voice. My eyes still closed when he started moving in front of me and unexpectedly scooping me up from the couch bridal style, earning a shreek from me.

I heard a low chuckle and a vibration from his chest as he spins me around the living room in his arms.

"Put me down Grayson!" I laugh, feeling the dizziness kick in when he finally stops.

Opening my eyes, I see his beautiful different colored eyes, the sunset hitting his face, and a small dimple showing on his left cheek.

His eyes were on me, studying every crevice of my face. From my eyes, nose, to the smile that I can't seem to take off my face.