Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter 42

You are in love.

I'm in love.

I've fallen for him. For Grayson.

The moment he said those three words back was the moment I knew that this man had changed my life for the better without him even knowing.

I mean we all know our story isn't the type where a "meet-cute" happens like in every other RomCom movie. Although there was a time in my life where I hoped that would happen, especially when I met Nate.

But my life had the most surprising turn of events and decided that I'd rather fall for someone I hated first than liked.

The irony.

I used to rant about how much he annoyed the living shit out of me, every breath he took was something I dreaded, and every time he would be near my vicinity, I wished I could punch his cocky face.

It was frustrating.

Yet here I am.

Who would have thought? – definitely Nicole. That bitch probably manifested this would happen.

I've been staring at Grayson for the past 10 minutes since I woke up. We're in the sheets, naked, the room reeks of sex from last night. His tattooed arm lays on my waist while the sheets cover my chest and everything else.

I watched as his breath hitch everytime my fingers linger on his forearm, slowly drawing little stars on the scars he had because of football. I'm also such a whore for tattoos, especially on men. Like hello? Who wouldn't.

God, his eyelashes are so long, he's got little freckles on his cheekbones too. His eyebrows are bushy but not that much, and his hair is so messily perfect on him, his lips so pink. The sun from the window lands on us making the silver chain on his neck gleam.

He's so beautiful.

"I can feel you staring." He blurts out, suddenly catching me off guard.

"I wasn't. I could've sworn there was mud on your face, but maybe that's just you." I tease.

His eyes flutter open. Again– the most beautiful eyes I've ever landed on.

The little smirk on his face shows, and so does a glimpse of his dimple. I know he's gonna banter back.

"Oh yeah?" He says under his breath. The sound of his morning voice could just make me orgasm right there and then.

I hum, his arm around my waist tightens.

"You sure it wasn't because I ate you out last night?"

Blood rushes to my cheeks. "Asshole."

He loved it when I got shy around him, the deep chuckle he let out told me so. He won again, only because I let him...

Okay fine! He did.

"You're cute when you get embarrassed, baby." He teases, giving a soft peck on my lips.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. "My mom has been on my ass since she saw that paparazzi photo of us." I sigh and change the topic.

Yup, my mother has been calling me and texting me non-stop. Me and Grayson walking down the stairs of our jet, hand in hand is all over social media. It's probably the worst thing my mom has ever seen since my birth to the world.

She loathes the Richards, that means Grayson too even if he has done nothing.

She's been bothering me to the point where I had to turn my phone off.

"What do you want to do?" he asks, concern in his voice.

"I don't really care what she thinks, Gray." I smile at him. "But, there is this private party I got invited to." I smirk.

I had this one friend in high school, her name's Brooke, I think we had History together? But she hit me up and asked if I was free. I wasn't really planning on going but since I kinda wanna piss my mom off a little bit more, and enjoy our last day here in Toronto– Why not?

What's the worst thing that could happen? My mother showing up? Don't think so.

"Let's do it."

-

Me and Grayson got ready.

This party isn't a college party where you dress slutty, it was a lounge party– meaning wine, cocktails, bourbon, and other shit. Heels, dresses, dress pants, dress shirts, but definitely not too formal.

"ELITE" – It was the party known where the rich teens and nepo babies of politicians are going to, but not as known as Me and Grayson– every politician knew that in Canada. It was the world of the Davis' and Richards. It was no wonder why my mother competed against the Richards for so long, and always making sure I was dressed up for the media. I was so exposed in the media since basically the day I was born, and I guess so was Grayson.

We were even gonna be more in the media as soon as we walk in that party together– but fuck it.

You can only get in though an invite. They take this shit seriously. But thank god I knew Brooke, she was kind to me in highschool– she didn't believe any bullshit rumors they said about me.

I mean, if there was a way of dropping the bomb that me and Grayson are 'it' and together– it's this one.

"Is this ELITE?" Grayson asks as he stands in front of the mirror buttoning his dress shirt.

"Yea." I'm pretty sure he got invited too. We've always been invited every time they held this party, I just didn't want to entertain bitches and I was in New York soo...

"I know what you're thinking, Mads." He chuckles. I knew he knew.

I was sitting in my vanity doing my make-up when he came up behind me, looking at me through the mirror. "You do, huh?" I smile at him.

He shrugs his shoulders, leaning and kissing the side of my head before whispering, "I just wanna show you off baby."

I turned around to kiss him softly. "I love you Richards." I mumble through the kiss, feeling the smirk playing on his lips. "So do I, Davis." kissing me back.

Hell was the journey but it brought me heaven.

A/N

IM BACKK! Short chapter but I LOVEE this one. next chapter is gonna be sooo good!! i can feel it for sureee!

love you babies! 

- A