Chapter Twenty-Two

TW: long chapter ahead of you ;)

Chapter 22

A lot happened since me and Nate came back from Canada.

First off– my parents do love him a lot, nothing I say will make their heads turn to I don't know, another guy? Not that there is but, they're very much settled on Nathaniel.

I do like how my parents approve of someone I like, and not judge every man they've seen me with about how they're not 'wealthy' enough, nor 'tall' and everything else that should fit their standards– not mine.

So my whole life of being a teenager, I was only allowed to be surrounded with books. Researching every historical shit that happened way before I was even born, or how many hearts does an octopus have. I've joined spelling bee's for the sake of their satisfaction of having a golden child.

I didn't have a social life, so me in college, making a whole new version of myself, the kind that doesn't surround herself with books as much– unless it's a RomCom book with spice.

Being in college was my second chance of having a life, and meeting Nathaniel unexpectedly, not knowing my parents would like him.

I guess– I have no idea what to feel. If I've satisfied myself, or them.

Arriving in New York, me and Nate parted ways because he had a last minute practice in Los Angeles and a game. So yup, I won't be able to talk to him for a week.

I'm battling with my mind over, does he deserve to know what I think about him meeting my parents too fast, or the past? What I've gone through and what my parents think of me since I was literally born.

But a part of me doesn't wanna let him know, because I don't think it's something I should share.

I can't believe it's been a week since I last saw Nate. He's staying in Los Angeles for one more week because his team decided to have a little vacation around California for their two in a row winning games. Good for him.

Here I am with an Iced Latte on my couch, watching '10 Things I Hate About You' for the 10th time because I could never get sick of Heath Ledger singing to Julia Stiles– also the fact that they were both so hot in that movie.

Taking a sip on my Iced Coffee, I heard the front door open and shut. Turning my head to see Nicole back from her morning run.

"Hey babe!" I say and turned back my head on the screen.

"10 Things I Hate About You, again?" Sometimes, I question my friendship with her. I mean hello? Please appreciate this iconic movie.

"Yes, and don't hate! I'm not even at the best part yet." She chuckles as she sits down on the chair, sweaty from her run.

"The singing part? Or the dancing on the table part? Because Kat Stratford dancing on top of the table makes me wanna kiss every step she makes on the ground." Feminism. Love.

Honestly, will we ever get a guy like Patrick Verona in our life? Someone who'd get paid to talk to you but end up loving her even harder. Someone to shoot paintball at? I bet that would be fun. I've never been paintball shooting, I try to convince Nicole every once in a while but she says that the paint makes her skin red, says that it's an allergy.

I don't believe that.

Nicole left to shower, she said she'd come back to the best part of the movie. One part that we memorized all too well to miss out on.