Chapter Six

Chapter 6

The last thing I expected is always not knowing the guy I talk to. First was Grayson, I never knew he was a football player until I got enlightened, now it's Nathaniel, or Nate– I never knew he was an NHL hockey player until a while ago.

After I found that out, I didn't know what to do, besides– Nate had to leave because he had practice tomorrow morning. Maybe that's why his name sounded so familiar.

That was one thing to be confused about. The second thing was Grayson suddenly being a bodyguard, towering over Nate. I think this man also has problems with being rude.

Everything was so odd. What are these athletes that I communicate with? And tend to get attracted to, after one glance.

"No fucking way!" Nicole exclaims. "The hockey player?" I nod. "Nathaniel Anderson?! The NHL hockey player of the NJ Devi-"

"Yes! Yes! Him! The fucking hockey player!" I cut her off.

Don't worry Nicole, I also have no idea how I get these athletes unexpectedly. But I love it.

She looks at me almost as if I manipulate men into being attracted to me. Not attracted, but talk to me. I have looks, and I do know that I'm pretty– I am humble about it, but still– I know I'm hot, for god's sake, I think I'm capable of telling a man to get down on his knees and he definitely would.

"Stop looking at me like that. I was having a terrible day, just like you, and he happened to be there when I was in the midst of crying."

She licks her lips, and smiles, sarcastically. "Okay– now you got two athletes fighting over you huh?" She chuckles. "How does it feel?"

This is what I hate about Nicole. She tends to get selfish when good things happen to me, I didn't ask for this to happen, and it isn't really my fault that she chooses men that continuously hurt her. She gets so desperate and vulnerable that she doesn't care about her next actions.

I try. I try to look out for her, to be her best friend, because we're all we have in this shithole of college.

She's beautiful. I wish I also had her beauty and embrace it in ways she doesn't think she can.

"There are no two athletes fighting over me, Nicole. Grayson– we're not like that, in fact we hate each other– we loathe each other." She scoffs. "And Nate? I literally just met him a few hours ago, so please– don't jump into conclusions. I am not interested, I would want to be friends with Nathaniel. But don't expect me to even be close nor friends with that asshole– Grayson."

I was really excited to come home to rant about this, hoping we would scream happily or be girls about it. Instead it's this. I'm explaining about a man I loathe and a man I met hours ago.

Speaking of– Grayson just left us at the cafe, which left me awkward.

"I gotta go. Nice to meet you, hockey boy." he said. "Hockey boy"? Really? After that, he just put his hands back in his pockets and left with his red Porsche. You gotta know, he's a star quarterback– of course he's got money. And so does his family– a whole ass political involved family.

"Whatever, Nicole. I'm tired, and I don't wanna argue. Goodnight."

Back in highschool, I used to get a lot of rumors & issues going around the school. Well who hasn't been through it?

I lost my virginity to this guy– one of my school mate, Zack. He looked good, that was part of why I lost it to him. The other half was because he gave me comfort I couldn't find in anyone else– the comfort I had when my parents were too busy with solving cases and making money. I was convinced that he would forever give me the happiness I wanted, and I would be able to give it back.