Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

I woke up so early. I had to run the treadmill for an hour at 6:00 in the morning, eat my salad by 7:30, shower by 8:00, did all my requirements for college at 9:00 until 10:30. Now, I want to rest my back because I've been sitting down on my damn chair for an hour and 30 minutes, I feel like I'm old.

Standing from my chair, I walk to my bed and lay my back down as it meets the softest comforter. I'm glad it's still here.

My phone suddenly dings from my night stand. A message from my dad. Great.

'Get ready, it's already 12 in the afternoon.' The event is literally at 7?

'Dad, isn't the event at 7 in the evening?'

'Women finish getting ready after 5 hours, and I don't want to be late, so does your mother. So, get ready.'

Yup, my father's a sexist. But probably because he never had a son after me. My mom had problems after me, she wasn't allowed to have babies anymore. Which may be part of the reason she hates my guts. She's stuck with me, but I gave her a favor by moving to New York.

So I get up from my bed and head to my closet.

I bought out the dress I bought a week ago.

I'm not going to wear something my mom does. Floor-length dress, with a scarf to finish it up. Hell no.

Wearing black leather maxi dress. A form fitting, below-the-knee from this Polish designer Magda Butrym. With a squared neckline and open back, a perfect mix between covered up, which is not really my style, but it still accentuates the form.

Sitting down on my make-up table, turning the mirror lights on to get my make-up ready. A simple shine on my eyelids and a black eyeliner, adding a nude lip and finishing it all up with a setting spray. Leaving my hair down and curling it, I think I'm done?

Standing up from my chair, I go inside my closet and pull out my jewelry box, taking 3 of my gold necklaces, I layer them on my neck, and wore my gold watch from my late grandmother.

Looking at myself in the mirror– I think I look great. More like a New Yorker than a lawyer's daughter, but– fuck it.

It just turned 5:30 and, I hear my parents' car arrive the driveway and enter the foyer.

"Is Madisyn ready yet?" I overhear her.

I expected her to bang at my door and yell at me, but nope. She shouts from outside my room.

"Madisyn, your dad and I are arriving there first. Tell Manny to drive you there! And for god's sake, don't be late!" and then her heels fade going to her room.

Thank god. I don't feel like having a little chat inside their car.

After a few minutes, the car left again. And the first and only daughter is alone– again.

Putting my black strappy heels from vegan leather shoe-brand– Femme. Instead of the Louboutins my mom got me, which will piss her off but, hello? Hailey Bieber wore these shoes so I'm obviously wearing them as well.

Spraying some spritz of the Flora by Gucci perfume. I'm finally done and headed downstairs, Manny waiting by the driveway.

It was already 7:00 arriving at the place. I'm fucking dead. I can already see my life flash before my eyes.

Manny pulls up at the driveway of the hotel. The valet employee opens the door, and smiles as I step out. As I straighten my dress, some people, who I think are attending, turn to look at me and smiles. God, I already know the amount of gossip.