Chapter 02 - Plan B?

With a beating heart and a small smile, Yibo sat together with his new friend and roommate, at one of the tables in the cafeteria of the Keno Academy and waited for the welcoming speech of the director. Just before, he and Seungyoun had used the time to take a look around their new home for the next four years on their own.

The four buildings of the Keno Academy, seemed to Yibo as if he had been transported back to a long-gone time. While there have been renovations and modernization here and there, the buildings never lost the charm they had 350 years ago when the buildings were built and purchased by Chen Ling Chao 100 years later.

The largest building, the Keno Academy itself, is where they will spend a lot of time every day in the future. Especially training and rehearsing their various talents. But they will also have classes there. Just like normal students.

The second largest building is the dormitory. There, all 80 students of the Keno Academy live together in one house. There is no separation of the sexes. There are just no mixed rooms and the house father, together with the house mother and a few supervisors, makes sure that it stays that way. However, the students are separated according to their year. The new students are at the top of the 4th floor, and the students of the graduating year are on the 1st floor. Each of the four floors, has a shared bathroom for men and one for women, as well as a small kitchen where they can make small snacks. There are also a couple of rehearsal rooms in the basement of the dormitory, but only the senior class is allowed to use them because they need more training.

Another building is the community center and guest dormitory, where the cafeteria is also located. As well as a small infirmary. As the name Community Center implies, students can spend time together there. Be it playing billiards, watching TV, listening to music or having parties together when there are guests like other students, which happens often. There they should relax and have fun.

The smallest building is the dormitory of the teachers, coaches and support staff, because they also live in the Keno Academy and go home at most on the weekends.

As Yibo took one look around at the group of new students, he realized that he had seen each of these other 18 students, besides Seungyoun, at least once before. While he didn't know all of their names, he knew, for example, that the one student around whom almost all of the male students gathered was a well-known Italian ballet dancer.

With another male student who also looked familiar to Yibo, Seungyoun helped him out. "This is Kim Wooseok. Also a dancer and singer from South Korea. Isn't he cute?"

"Cute?" Yibo asked doubtfully.

"Yes. I think he's totally cute."

"Uh-huh." Replied Yibo. Seungyoun had confessed to him earlier about being into men, so he wasn't confused about it. But since Seungyoun is the first gay man he's dealt with, he didn't know what to say to that.

"What kind of women are you into Yibo? The kind like that Alessia Milan that all the guys flock around?"

"Mhhh, I don't think so. I don't know what I'm into. I've never given it much thought. I've never had time to deal with it."

"Well, then it's time to find out. I mean, Alessia keeps looking over at us. And I don't think she's looking at me all the time."

"How do you even know her name?"

"I met her once at a competition. She had to travel from Italy and arrived almost 90 minutes late. That eliminated her rehearsal time and I was asked to include her in my rehearsal. She's an arrogant bitch."

"Mhhh. That doesn't seem to bother the others here, though."

"She hasn't shown them her true colors yet either. They only see how beautiful she is with her cute doll face, her long black hair and her beautiful slim body."