Chapter 03 - The first training

After several hours of a very thorough health check, Yibo had to be weighed and was then given a diet plan. Although he was in good physical condition and his weight was only minimally increased, he still needed a better balanced diet, as the health check revealed.

Yibo spent most of his first official day as a student at the Keno Academy in the state-of-the-art infirmary for his health check. Afterwards, he and the other 19 students had only two hours left in which they met their new teachers and coaches in a sort of formal ceremony, and also learned what was planned of them for the coming year.

In the evening, he and Seungyoun then spent the evening with the other students in the community center, where they also met the older students and got good tips from them in dealing with one or the other difficult teacher or trainer. Yibo and Seungyoun talked the most with an older student from South Korea, whom they both know from many competitions. However, they were never his opponents in a competition.

While Seungyoun made his first attempts to get to know and befriend Kim Wooseok during the evening, Yibo had a hard time keeping the Italian Alessia away from him. Again and again she approached him and tried to engage him in a conversation. She raved about the performances she had seen from Yibo and about his various talents. As much as Yibo liked to receive recognition and praise for his talents, he found it uncomfortable with her.

Then, when Alessia kept touching his arm "accidentally" while she was trying to flatter him, he finally got fed up and said, "I'm going to see where Seungyoun is. We should slowly get back to the dorm. The lock-up time will start soon."

"We still have an hour." Replied Alessia, holding Yibo by the forearm. She tried to pull him back to his chair, but Yibo shook off her hand and shook his head.

Yibo was about to tell her to go to hell and leave him alone, but someone forestalled him. "I guess you don't see that touching him makes him uncomfortable, do you?" Said one of the other students. This student was also new and Yibo knew his name was Xiao Cheng.

"Thanks. But I..." Began Yibo.

"You're welcome." Xiao Cheng interrupted him with a grin. He looked at Alessia one more time, then turned to Yibo and said, "Your roommate has already gone back to the dorm. Someone tripped earlier and accidentally spilled his water. It landed on Seungyoun's back."

"Oh, I see. Then I'll go as well." Replied Yibo.

"I'll go with you. After all, we have the same way." Said Alessia, who seemed to be completely ignoring Xiao Cheng. For she got up from her chair and raked in Yibo's arm.

"What are you doing?" He asked her, confused.

"Well, we're friends now. And friends do things like that." She replied with a grin.

Yibo pulled his arm out of her grip and said, "Where you come from, maybe that's normal. But not here. I don't want that. If you want to go back with me, okay. But keep your distance!"

"Then I'll come too." Interfered Xiao Cheng again and also immediately put himself between Yibo and Alessia. Yibo already liked Cheng, while he likewise already knows that he will never like Alessia. He just doesn't like pushy people and he likes it even less when he is touched by others.

On the short walk back to the dormitory, Cheng told, "My brother is also in an art academy. He wanted to go here too, but had no luck in the Keno lottery. Now he's at Paradise Academy and will be here in 8 weeks."

"Who is your brother?" Alessia asked.

"Xiao Zhan. Actually, he is not my real brother. My parents adopted him back then. But to me, he is still my brother." Explained Cheng.