Chapter 42 - Birthday Party Part 2

Yibo slowly walked out of the house and into the garden. He couldn't stop grinning and kept looking around sheepishly at Zhan, who was walking a few steps behind him. When Zhan caught up with him and asked, "Well, do you want to dance with this beauty again?" Yibo looked at him questioningly.

"What beauty?" He wanted to know. He had no idea what Zhan was talking about.

"Anna Wong. You danced with her earlier and had so much fun, didn't you?"

"I was? Mhhh, oh sure, now I remember. The blonde."

"Right. So, do you want to go back to her?"

"Why? Do you want me to? Does she have any information that might help us? Because the conversation we've heard isn't going to help us if we don't have proof of any of this. Right?"

"Uh I rather thought you wanted to have some more fun with her."

"Huh?"

"You guys were having so much fun dancing earlier, weren't you?"

"You really believe that?"

"Well, I saw it."

"I'm not just a dancer and a musician, I'm an actor too!"

"I know."

"I have..." Yibo didn't get to finish his sentence and tell Zhan that he was just playing the joy. For indeed, Anna Wong came up to him again and asked him to dance with her again. She put her hand on his arm and smiled sweetly.

"I'd be happy if we continued where we left off earlier. Dancing, in other words." She said.

Yibo looked at Zhan and saw the latter's less than friendly look. He swallowed hard and hastily searched for an answer for Anna Wong. "I'm afraid I'll have to decline. My friend here is not feeling well and I want to be there for him. After all, he only came with me today because I didn't want to go alone."

"Oh oh well, too bad. But well, I understand." She replied and left again.

Yibo clung to Zhan's arm and asked him, "Well, was that a good excuse?"

"Why did you use an excuse? You could have danced with her if you wanted." Said Zhan.

"Yeah right. And your look told me that if I dared to dance with her, you'd kill her first and then me."

"No, I would never do such a thing."

"Like hell you wouldn't! I saw exactly how you looked."

"I was looking normal."

"Sure, like someone who's planning a murder right now in his head. And as a special agent, you have enough ways and means to just make my body disappear."

"Hey, I would never hurt you."

"Are you sure about that? Because that I-kill-you look you gave me was really scary."

"I sure didn't look like that."

"You didn't? And how do you think you looked?"

"Well, I looked normal, like I always do."

"No way!"

"Yes, really!"

"Why don't you admit that it bothered you when she danced with me?"

"I'm not admitting anything."

"So if you say you don't mind and that you don't care, then I can go back to dancing with her after all."

"Do that and I'll really kill you!"

"Ha, I knew you were jealous."

"No."