Chapter 41 - The Birthday Party

When Zhan and Yibo arrived at the gate to the politician's house, Yibo had to show his invitation to the birthday party and indicated Zhan as his escort. Only then were they allowed to pass through the gate and drive up to the house, where a man was already waiting to park the car, they took Zhan's service car, for them.

Upon entering the house they were handed a drink, both chose non-alcoholic drinks and then they were led into the garden where many guests were already present. Zhan looked around with a practiced glance and whispered to Yibo, "We have some pretty famous guests here."

"Sure, it's the birthday party of a high politician." Yibo replied.

"That's not what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about celebrities like you. But rather those who became famous in a different way."

"Meaning what?"

"There's a man standing over there. He's a foreigner, American. He's wearing a gray suit. A Rolex watch. A gold ring with a big diamond. And he has a gun."

"You saw that right away?"

"Of course. I learned that in my training."

"And what about him?"

"Well, he's number nine on the list of most wanted criminals in the world."

"What?"

"Mn. Makes me wonder, what's someone like that doing at a party like this?"

"I don't know. But if he's wanted, we could arrest him."

"No, we can't. That's not our mission. Besides, there are only two of us. He wouldn't be here if he hadn't taken precautions. If he were that easy to catch, he wouldn't be on the most wanted list."

"True. But then what are we supposed to do? Watch and let him get away?"

"If he's friends with the politician, an arrest wouldn't do any good until we can prove something against the politician. Because with his power and influence, number 9 would be released the same day. The most we can do is let colleagues know, so they can secretly tail him and he can't disappear again."

"Okay, so where do we go from here?"

"According to plan. We'll mingle with the guests and introduce you to them. I'm assuming most of them already know you, even if not in person. But I'm sure they'll want to make up for that. Who wouldn't want to meet the hottest and most popular idol?"

"You?"

"Hahaha."

"ZhanZhan, do you really think I'm hot?"

"Um, Yibo. I'm just echoing what your fans are saying."

"But you still think I'm a little hot, don't you?"

"Why do you want to know that now?"

"Well... you know why."

"Oh man. Come on. Let's get to know the other guests over some nice conversation. And if the opportunity arises, hopefully we can talk to the politician too."

"Would you do me a favor if I do my thing well today?"

"What favor?"

"Will you dance with me later?"

"Dance with you? With an idol? Do you want me to make a fool of myself?"

"Why?"

"Well, because you should remember how hard I struggled to dance. I also haven't danced in five years."

"Then it's about time again. ZhanZhan, please do me this favor."

"Alright. But that doesn't mean I'll forgive you because of it."