Chapter 40 - Preparing for the Mission

When Yibo and his mom arrived at his parents' house, his dad came out of the house. While Yibo's mom got out of the car, however, Yibo refused to get out himself. He wasn't ready to talk to his dad again. After all, it had only been a few hours since he spoke to his father and walked out of the conversation angry.

So he just waited until his mom and dad got the bags out of the trunk and wanted to leave right away. His dad, however, stood right in front of his car and asked him to stay and listen several times. Yibo yelled to get out of the way and didn't feel like talking, but his dad continued to refuse to let Yibo drive.

In the end, his mom intervened and told her husband, "Let him drive. He needs time to forgive you. And besides, he has an important thing to do tomorrow. So get out of the way and just let him drive."

His father stepped aside and as Yibo drove slowly past him, he called out to him, "I'm sorry son. Please forgive me." Yibo didn't stop, however, and continued driving. He felt a little ashamed of his behavior, though. Especially because he himself knows how it is to make a big mistake and hope the other person will listen and forgive you.

But at that moment Yibo was just not ready and not prepared to talk to his father. Not after all this had happened only a few hours ago. So he acted on his gut. And that told him to go home, rest, and prepare for the meeting with Zhan. Because the very next day he would see Zhan again and they would spend time together. Even if it was just work for Zhan.

After Yibo got home, it was already quite late and he was very tired. He ate a little of the food his mom had prepared and put in the fridge for him, took a shower, and then lay down in his bed. This time he didn't lie awake for a while, as he often did. This time he fell asleep right away.

The next day, it was already shortly after 10 am, Yibo woke up and first wrote to his manager that he should not make any appointments in the coming days, because he wants to use the free time to take care of some private matters and relax before the shooting of the series starts. He was relieved that the start of shooting was postponed by three weeks due to some disagreements. So he had 3 weeks more time, which he probably would need if he wants to get closer to Zhan.

Around 2 pm, Yibo's stylist arrived. She did Yibo a light make up, styled his hair and had the suit with her that he should wear in the evening at the birthday party. A courier still brought Yibo the matching shoes, which had to be delivered later. As is often the case, the suit and shoes were on loan from a designer that Yibo was promoting by wearing them. This, Yibo learned, is a customary course of action from which the idol and the designer benefit.

Two hours later, so around 4 pm, Yibo made his way to the secret base and Zhan. He was very excited and had to be careful not to drive too fast, just because he couldn't wait to see Zhan. He had just been waiting too long for an opportunity like this where he could finally spend time with Zhan.

Arriving at the secret base, one of the agents took him to the office of Zhan, his partner and his boss. When he entered the office, however, only Zhan was there. Yibo looked at him and was so stunned that he just looked at him speechless for a moment. Because Zhan was styled from head to toe. A fine black suit and matching shoes from a brand designer. Hair styled and accessories like a gold necklace and a gold ring on his middle finger, rounded out Zhan's styling perfectly.

"You look surprised." Said Zhan amused as Yibo stared at him with his mouth open.

"I am, too. You look amazing." Replied Yibo a little embarrassed.

"Thanks. So are you."

"Oh um thanks ZhanZhan."

"Well, until it starts we still have time. So I suggest I explain what we know so far about the politician and his family."