Chapter 27 - In the secret base

Suddenly free of all the thoughts that had preoccupied him in recent days and weeks, Yibo sat next to Zhan in the car. They were on their way to the secret base of the special unit for which Zhan works as a special agent. For a moment, Yibo couldn't help grinning as a completely new thought occurred to him. His boyfriend, the handsome guy he fell in love with at first sight, is a totally cool secret agent and he was the only one who knew about it.

Still grinning, he turned to look at Zhan. Now that he knows the truth about Zhan and now that they have reconciled, he felt like falling in love with Zhan all over again and this time even more intensely. And he also realized that now there was no need for secrets between them.

In order to finally have clarity about Zhan and who he really is and how, he started with an harmless but definitely important question. "How old are you really? Surely not 19 years old, right? Because then you wouldn't be a fully trained agent right now, would you?"

Zhan turned his head to face Yibo for a moment and blushed slightly. "I um, I'm not 19 years old, you're right. I'm 22 years old and I'll be 23 in October. I hope I'm not too old for you now."

"Of course not. I don't mind you being a few years older than me."

"Good. Is there anything else you want to know?"

"Yes. How many men have been before me?"

"None."

"What do you mean? None?"

"No. I knew I was into men, though. But you're the first and only one I've ever fallen in love with. And getting involved with someone I don't feel anything for was out of the question for me."

"I understand. But then how do you know so much about all this?"

"I did the same thing you did baby. I've read a lot about it. Also, I watched a lot of Korean dramas in my spare time. And I read BL stories and watched BL series."

"Oh yeah, then you were even crazier than me. I was just reading about it. However, I read a lot on an internet forum from other gays and how their experiences were and what advice they give."

"I never thought of that at the time."

"My brother once gave me the advice that experience reports are best from the people who really went through this or that. And he also said that it's not wrong to listen to or read about the experiences of many different people. Because it's usually not enough to just have one person tell you something."

"Your brother is totally right about that."

"I know haha."

"What else do you want to know?"

"Actually, I'm interested in everything that has to do with you."

"Everything? Mhhh, that might take a little longer then."

"Never mind. You don't have to tell me everything today."

"True. If you learn everything about me right away, it might get too boring too fast."

"Yeah, maybe. But tell me one more thing."

"Like what?"

"When did you realize you were different?"

"Different?"

"Well, I mean gay."

"I don't know exactly. I think I've always kind of suspected and sensed it. But I guess I didn't get the real confirmation until I saw you and fell in love with you at first sight."

"Wow and you can say that just like that? That makes me blush."

"Sure, why not? And it's not the first time you've heard that from me. And how was it with you?"